Skip to main content

WHEN WILL THE APP GET FIXED? TODAY IS JULY 16, 2024

Sonos, please tell us the plan and what you are doing everyday to make this work.

My system can't be trusted anymore and I'm pissed at you for creating this problem for me and thousands of other loyal sonos customers.

Please keep us informed on what you are doing to make it right!

28 replies

Userlevel 2

Sonos released this crappy app so they could sell us the Ace headphones, they got a new (read more expensive) soundbar coming too.  Sonos does not CARE about their customers!

Userlevel 3

I have gone from thinking Sonos was amazing to absolutely HATING them. I want my investment back. This is unacceptable. For my case, it is regularly pauses and the app says no products found, then after about 30 or 45 seconds, it starts playing again. This is messed up. I have so many Sonos speakers and the system is unusable.

My app is up to date. 

What is even more messed up. Their customer support is S##T. You have a phone number to call with a 50 minute wait. I HATE SONOS. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I’m not buying any more Sonos hardware at least until the app is fixed. Will not reward them giving zero Fs about my system cause they want to sell some basic af headphones by giving them any more money. Over 2 months and things are still seriously F’d. 

Userlevel 3

Never buying Sonos again. Terrible app rending hundreds, or thousands, of Sonos purchases useless. Horrific tech and customer support.

Userlevel 3

They just TOTALLY DO NOT CARE. It’s wild.

Userlevel 3

What is incredible is that people have resorted to commenting on every LinkedIn post they make. How embarrassing is that? And there are so many. Everyone at Sonos should be embarrassed and then fired.

Badge

I cannot even get passed the Terms of Use page to open the app on my iphone. And having got through to Sonos customer support, they do not know how to either. Now my Roam needs a software update, but without the app, I have no means to do that, rendering my Roam useless. How many more of my six other Sonos devices will fail, before Sonos bother to fix the app?  

I’ve not seen this issue before on an iPhone, only Android devices that often have had modifications to font size made to their OS, so much of this is going to be guesses.

First, have you got any sort of change in the font size apps running on your iOS device? And perhaps even more basic, have you properly scrolled to the bottom of the Terms of Use, it requires that before the button becomes ‘active’, if memory serves.

If no to the first, and yes to the second question, I wonder if there is a possibility of a corrupt install of the OS. I would delete the app, and then hard boot the iOS device, and then go back to the Apple Store and download a fresh copy to install. Just make sure, when prompted, to ‘Connect to existing system’, so you don’t lose all your various settings. 

Alternately, you could also call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

July 20 and it's Day 3 with Sonos mobile app dead.  Laptop app still works.  Thanks for everyone tips!  Tried them all with no luck.  I suppose the two most powerful warriors are still Patience and Tolerance.  

July 20:  Cannot delete or sort songs in queue. 
Join my Roan to play same song with another system. The app says it cannot connect Roam try again later.   I could do both these functions in prior app. 

perhaps even more basic, have you properly scrolled to the bottom of the Terms of Use, it requires that before the button becomes ‘active’, if memory serves.

Yes, this is becoming more common. Companies want to make sure that you’ve at least scanned the terms. At some point I expect that there will be a quiz to pass -- proving that you read the terms.

I have the same problems.  I am really unhappy with the app. 
 I can”t even do the basics like control volume on most of the speakers.  I can’t join speakers.   The basic stuff just does not work.  I can’t in good conscience even recommend Sonos to people anymore.  This is ridiculous.  

I’m so annoyed at Sonos. It’s really mind-boggling how they released terrible software and just sort of expected us all to be fine with products that don’t work. Products that we spent good money on. I will never trust them again and I am I never buying another Sonos product.

Question for everyone. I’m think of getting the Arc, subs and era 300’s. Are the issues with streaming music only? I’m only interested in using this as a theater system for my man cave and just trying to do my homework before purchasing. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Question for everyone. I’m think of getting the Arc, subs and era 300’s. Are the issues with streaming music only? I’m only interested in using this as a theater system for my man cave and just trying to do my homework before purchasing. 

Thank you!

Some people here have reported issues when setting up new gear so I would say that the honest answer is that we can’t be sure. You’ll need the App to put the speakers in group so they work “as one”. Maybe wait and see what the feedback is after tomorrows update.

Thank you!

Some people here have reported issues when setting up new gear so I would say that the honest answer is that we can’t be sure. You’ll need the App to put the speakers in group so they work “as one”. Maybe wait and see what the feedback is after tomorrows update.

Thank you! This is great advice and I appreciate it!

Userlevel 2

With every update that Sonos releases, I keep hoping it will get better - but it still sucks. The update earlier this week is no improvement. Most of the time my iPhone app is useless (same on my wife’s iPhone), because it says “no products found’. Then randomly, sometimes 30 seconds later and sometimes 10 minutes later, the app will see my system and it will work normally. Until I close the app, and then the cycle repeats. Thankfully, the Sonos speakers still accept voice commands, so I can still play music. I just can’t pick anything from my playlists on Spotify. Frustrating!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

With every update that Sonos releases, I keep hoping it will get better - but it still sucks. The update earlier this week is no improvement. Most of the time my iPhone app is useless (same on my wife’s iPhone), because it says “no products found’. Then randomly, sometimes 30 seconds later and sometimes 10 minutes later, the app will see my system and it will work normally. Until I close the app, and then the cycle repeats. Thankfully, the Sonos speakers still accept voice commands, so I can still play music. I just can’t pick anything from my playlists on Spotify. Frustrating!!

On a happy note I’ve made money shorting the stock! The CEO is incompetent, and Wall Street has taken notice!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I cannot even get passed the Terms of Use page to open the app on my iphone. And having got through to Sonos customer support, they do not know how to either. Now my Roam needs a software update, but without the app, I have no means to do that, rendering my Roam useless. How many more of my six other Sonos devices will fail, before Sonos bother to fix the app?  

My whole system has failed. I have 11 sonos products in my house. The latest app update has caused sound drop outs on my tv system and support, who “knows more about sonos” than me, asked me what wifi system I am using and then said that my Boost is unsupported external hardware and is causing a “network problem”, which is why nothing is working.

Shame on you, sonos. Your support was always rubbish, I put it down to the country that I live in, which is well known for having little and rude customer “service”. But no, it is a sonos thing.

Userlevel 1

Still can't believe that a company like sonos would leave customers with systems still not functioning after 2 months + 

I loved my sonos speakers until the update and now 6 expensive speakers are redundant, Sonos could have returned to the previous version of the app at least that did work,  but now they seem to think burying there heads in the sand and still maintaining that the new app is an improvement will likely bury their company!!

I too am absolutely p****d off. Spent lots of money on Sonos speakers and now can’t use the app on my phone to connect to my NAS music library which was one of the selling points for Sonos and now there has been some sort of hardware update so the old app no longer functions for locally stored music.

I will wait until the next app update for Android and if the local library function isn’t working I am going to return my kit back to where I purchased it from and demand my money back as the system is broken as I cannot use the features originally advertised by Sonos. They can then take it up with Sonos. Items are Arc and 2x Era 300.

I spoke to Sonos support yesterday and they said I can use a windows version of the app but what good is that as I don’t want to be lugging a pc or laptop around. Mental! I also asked about the next update for Android and whether it will contain ability to access locally stored music, no answer!!

Completely hacked off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There IS an app update for Android. Last week’s system update stopped many Android users’ Sonos app working, like yours, but the app update this week sorts that and allows access to music library and searching.

Be hacked off no longer.

Thanks for that, will give it a go! 🤞

Yesss! at long last. Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded it via the Sonos support site and hey presto! All good.

Thank you - stress levels diminished!

Userlevel 1

On a happy note I’ve made money shorting the stock! The CEO is incompetent, and Wall Street has taken notice!!