Spotify connection lost

• 15 May 2021
  • 8 replies

I’ve been using the Sonos/Spotify service for years with no issues and recently, seemingly over night and for no reason I am unable to play Spotify through my Sonos system. Occasionally I am able to play 5 seconds but then ‘connection to Spotify lost’ notification pops up, extremely frustrating. 
I have read all the related articles, reset everything but have been unable to resolve the issue. Can anyone help?!? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

If you really did read all related articles, including this and all the articles linked from it, I suggest that you submit a diagnostic and call Sonos support to discuss the diagnostic, or post the diagnostic number here and wait for a Sonos representative to pick it up.

However, if you happen to be on a BT router you might want to read this first.

Thanks, I’m pretty sure I’ve covered all topics and still having no success. 
the diagnostic number is: 891715777

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

BT Smart Hub user?

No, I’m with Gigaclear on a Linksys mesh system

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanL19 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please switch your router (and mesh, if they’re separate) off for at least 30 seconds. Turn the router on first, then when it’s online turn on the mesh.

If this doesn’t fix everything, I strongly recommend you connect a single Sonos unit to your network with an ethernet cable, permanently. Please don’t use the Sub or Surrounds in the Living Room for this. Test for long enough that you’re happy with the results, and if you needed to place a speaker in a location where you don’t want a speaker, I recommend you then replace it with a Sonos Boost. Please keep any Sonos products, wired or unwired, at least 1m from your router and WiFi mesh nodes.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for this. It seems to be working at the moment so will keep an eye on it! 
Thanks again for the help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I’ve had similar issues since updating to the latest version of the Windows controller.  Other services are fine.  Internet is fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mborella 

Are you only having this issue on Windows? Can you play without problem using the smartphone app?