Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS WHEN ARE YOU ROLLING BACK THE APP???

• 19 May 2024
  • 4 replies

It’s been a week since you pushed out one of the worst app updates in history. You flat out broke a lot of peoples systems and even if you are among the lucky ones who got it working you got performance problems and a massive loss of features.

Roll it back, NOW.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The sad reality is that if it was coming back it would be back.

Whether the reasoning is commercial or technical, i.e. they had a one way process in he update that cannot be backed out, if Sonos was going to give us the old version we would have it by now and they would not be announcing the product launch that drove the update. 

At this stage I think the value of continuing to post is to warn new users that:

• Sonos is not a customer focused company
  • Their initial experience with their new products may be difficult

At least anyone who does a Google search should find one of these threads.

Buyer beware. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The sad reality is that if it was coming back it would be back.

Whether the reasoning is commercial or technical, i.e. they had a one way process in he update that cannot be backed out, if Sonos was going to give us the old version we would have it by now and they would not be announcing the product launch that drove the update. 

At this stage I think the value of continuing to post is to warn new users that:

• Sonos is not a customer focused company
  • Their initial experience with their new products may be difficult

At least anyone who does a Google search should find one of these threads.

Buyer beware. 

The posts and outrage must continue as much as Sonos’ arrogance persists

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Lost my stereo pairing tonight.

Can’t play from Apple Music.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

The only company in the world who actively makes their products worse with every update. Really unbelievable how bad the app performance is. Close to 40 hours of diagnosing system. Nothing ever works. Never. Ever. 

after spending hours resetting, rebooting, re-adding products, Eq-ing, tuning, mounting, then system can’t be found. Lost, gone. Nothing there. This happened 6 times all ready. Tech support is worthless. Accepting the thousands of dollars I’ve spent is a total loss.