Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS S2 App freezes

Dear all, I've been used the Sonos 2 app on my Android Mobile phone since yesterday with no issues. Today I' ve upgraded the app but now it doesn't open anymore or at least takes more than one minute to become operational. When I open it the black splash screen with "SONOS" logo in white in the middle appears but remains stuck in this way...after some time the SONOS logo disappear and remains only the black screen....Some time I've to force-close the app....Sometimes -instead - after a long time the app showed me the main page and I'm able to use it... I've also tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it but with no success...always the same problem...My mobile phone is a  Realme X2 Pro and runs Android v. 11. It' s not a memory or processor issue because this problem only appears when I use the "new/updated version of the app…

Does anyone faced the same problem??

Thanks in advance 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I have this issue too, The new app is appalling.

This morning I found on the Google PlayStore an update for the Sonos S2 app and I updated it . Now the starting time is about 2 minutes!!! :(((( Sometimes when I start the app it seems that te System has to be update (my setup consists of one Sonos ARC and two SONOS ERA100 as surround speakers). I tell the app to search for the update but reply me with an error sometimes saying that the updates cannot be find or that the system is already up-to-date..... it's very frustrating...the worst app I've installed at all....I'm about yo put  a negative review on the Google PlayStore...it's a pity because the Sonos product are (for me) excellent but an app like that negatively impact the user experience 

I have same problem. I fully agree with the comment. Simply provide access to old version. I currently access my music at all 

The new app is a * show and nobody from sonos cares,  no matter how much money you've spent on their speakers. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

App interaction has been getting progressively worse in last two year but this update takes the biscuit. Products dropping in and out all the time, unable to load music, unable to find music, playlists that i could previously find, unable to delete favorites that im told will no longer work, unable to modify volume level.

Beyond frustrated and furious that Sonos have forced through such a poor product rendering the system virtually unusable. I loved this system when i first bought it but am rapidly regretting the investment. Sad that this app has marred their reputation.

WAKE UP SONOS AND SORT IT!

My Sonos android app still wont open at all, and hasn’t since the new update.

Does Sonos know about this? And is anybody from Sonos going to fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried uninstalling it, rebooting your phone, and reinstalling it?

Yes, many times over

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, many times over

On Android, you can uninstall the app, then download and install the APK of the old app (Sonos version 16.1) from an APK site, like APKMirror. All will be back to how it was. Just don’t update the app until the new one is fixed.

Yes, many times over

On Android, you can uninstall the app, then download and install the APK of the old app (Sonos version 16.1) from an APK site, like APKMirror. All will be back to how it was. Just don’t update the app until the new one is fixed.

Rhonny you're a legend.

Sorted, thanks!