Skip to main content

Sonos is a joke

• 7 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I now can't play all three of my Sonos devices at the same time. "Try again later"

Yet they all play perfectly fine on their own. 

I convinced my mum to buy my dad a Sonos system for his birthday, lauding the hardware and the software. Guess when his birthday is? May 8th. 

Now I look like the idiot son. 

I can't believe how much damage you've done to previously good product. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you please see if the same problem occurs with the Web App: https://play.sonos.com/en-us/web-app

Can you also confirm how you are grouping the devices?

Agreed - It just seems like Sonos has been going down hill.  It kinda looks like they decided to cheap out and stop testing products.  The update the software, then things typically go to s*** - this company has just plain fallen

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

the app is unstable

try sonophone or sonopad app ios £2.99 uses old app tech….

I am now trying the web app.  I have 10 Sonos speakers.  

The Web app sees 3

The desktop app sees 4

The phone app sees 5

Only the 3 speakers that all 3 apps see work (they are grouped together).  This all seems to happen at once a couple of days ago.  At that time there were no network or weather events.  Just happened in the middle of the day.  None of the speaker that can no longer be detected are on the same electrical circuit.  None of the speakers will reconnect.

This is possible symptoms of network issues possible duplicate ips. If all was well your desktop app would see all speakers. You should start by rebooting your router then your speakers. Then check if you can see all your speakers in the desktop app.