Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos app won't search YouTube Music

• 25 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I can no longer search YouTube Music from the Sonos app. No matter what search term I enter it tells me there are no results. See examples below. I have reauthorized and removed and reinstalled the YTM account all to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

Another annoyance is that when I try to call Sonos support I keep getting disconnected before I speak to anyone. 

6 replies

Ok, wow. Finally read another thread and saw that this is a problem caused by Sonos' explicit language filter. Turned that off in the app and the search results for YouTube Music reappeared instantly.

So now how do I filter explicit content from YouTube Music?

Having exactly the same issue… really dont like the new app. Worst part is no quick update from Sonos

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Some folk on reddit are reporting the same issue. I have no problems with YTM on Sonos at the moment. Search is working well. Did you have any joy with the explicit content filter?

No joy with the explicit content filter yet. I've emailed Sonos. I suspect it's a fair way down the priority list. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I had to re-authorize YouTube music with my primary account. I have a “sub-account” in a YouTube and with that account the search gave no results as in that screenshot. 

I can search YouTube music, but it does not work for all the music I have uploaded myself. Anyone got this to work in new app?