Skip to main content
Answered

song drop out

• 8 August 2023
  • 6 replies

recently when using Deezer, each time a song ends/begins at least one speaker stops working and starts again about 10-15 seconds into the song.whe I try to disconnect a speaker from the group, it freezes and continues to show all speakers as connected. I have reauthorised deezer, cleared data and cache, rebooted the router, and reinstalled the app but nothing works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have the same exact problem. After 2 years to solve the problem sonos finaly answer me this on email.…

According to all the notes, troubleshooting steps, and equipment provided for your system, we have confirmed the wireless environment does not support the players to play high bitrate content like this. Therefore, this will redirect us to the best workaround for your system, which is Sonosnet (hard-wiring most of the products you can until the problem is fix).

I know it is not what you expected, however, this is the best option for Hi-fi service to work properly.

If you have any additional questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with, feel free to reach out by replying to this email and I’ll be happy to help.

Regards, 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ollsher, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s likely wireless interference that’s causing the issues you’re experiencing. As Thewizard2000 was suggested by support, it may be worth wiring one of your devices to your router via Ethernet to run your system on SonosNet. This can help in preventing dropouts due to wireless interference.

If you’re still having issues after wiring a device, I would suggest you reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting, as they have the tools available to assist in resolving this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
It's likely not wireless interference because I've never had one in my life with any of my devices in my house. In addition, channel changes were made with more than 5 hours on the phone with technicians and the problem has persisted for 2 years and no one has been able to solve the problem. This is very strongly a limitation of the sonos system which was mentioned by the level 2 technical service whose name has been deleted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ollsher,

Different setups and surroundings can have varying results when it comes to playback issues, while you and @Thewizard2000 have the same issue, the cause for such could be different.

I would still recommend wiring a speaker as a troubleshooting step, but for a more in-depth look and to see what could be causing this, please reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting and for a solution to this issue.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, level 2 as well level 3 and 4 are aware of this particular issue and they try to fix it with engineer they told me. They will post an article soon to aware customers. As more and more streaming app make the transition to hifi each years this is definitly a high priority issue. This would be interesting to know if denon and bose have the same problem.

Thank you both for your replies. Hard wiring is not what I bought sonos for, will probably revert to Bose.