Skip to main content
Question

problems with new Sonos app

The new Sonas app is awful. It typically will not connect to music even when the music is playing, hence I cannot switch the music of,

but worst problem is trying to control the volumes of the various sonas speakers. Even when I adjust the volume in the app it mysteriously changes itself back to the other setting.

trying to adjust volumes is almost impossible and VERY VERY frustrating.

fthis app should not have been released in such a dismal and poor state. It really damages Sonas reputation and brand.

when will these problems be fixed..?

When will the old app be reinstated? I'm ready to give up on Sonos, the new app is so unreliable!

My experience too.  This new app is a joke, designed by i****.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I’ve always found Sonos hardware to be good, but to me the software has often been the weak point of the Sonos experience. The new app, however, is well beyond weak - it’s terrible. Essentially it makes my Sonos hardware unusable with Android devices.

Like many, I rolled back to the old version in order to keep using my hardware, but today I gave the new app another go. If anything, it is now worse - initially couldn’t find my speakers, eventually found only one of a stereo pair, continually locked up, making it impossible to pause or change the volume, and on and on.

I’m done - I’ve just ordered replacement hardware from a competing manufacturer. Once it arrives in a week or so I will be decommissioning my Sonos equipment, and I am very much looking forward to that moment. 

Im at my wits end.

Everything but Everything is just useless. 

Im trying to play an Amazon playlist (again)...and i just get one track at a time.

Controlling volume...a delay…

Opening the app  ...a delay

It is broken...what are Sonos doing about it ?

The amount of money I have spent on their products and I've got totally worthless speakers. 

An absolute disgrace.

This new app is a piece oh S**t.  for a company that controls a huge market share, there app upgrade and customer service are the worst ive ever dealt with. Does anybody know of a similar product so I can say goodby to this shi*t company for good?

73 minutes on hold for customer support, 1 hr working wth them, only for them to tell me to call my internet provider. Which isnt the problem and hasnt been for 8 yrs until this new upgrade. BULL SHI**>

Unfortunately we’ve had the same, extremely poor customer experience since the app “update.”  This is not at all what one expects from Sonos- the Company that had the best feature/functionality networked audio system for the home.

The app issues since the update present significant usability challenges that result in continued frustration when simply trying to listen to music in one’s home, on the system for which we paid so much.

Sonos you lost this customer.  I expect we will see more and more used Sonos equipment for sale cheap.

Need I say more 🙄 Everytime I open the (cr)app this is what I get. When are Sonos going to sort this problem out? Surely someone somewhere in Sonos must be reading all these comments and realise that they are going to loose a lot of very loyal customers. 

The new app is awful. Delays on adjusting volume, Recently Played goes off after recently turning it on. No system found when opening app, and more issues. A true downgrade. Disappointing to say the least.

I too have been a Somos user for many years, adding more speakers, 2 Amps and Boost over time. I’ve liked the sound quality and found the software to be acceptable, if sometimes a little clunky or non-intuitive (at least for me).  
The new app was extremely frustrating since I first installed it, and it’s become even less dependable over the last month or so. Most of the time the app doesn’t even find my system without several steps and frequently an iPhone reboot.

all my other apps work well, I’ve got very high speed cable internet, and other devices stay connected. 
I’m very very disappointed, and would gladly reinstall the previous app if available, while Sonos fixes these new problems. Everyone makes mistakes, but it seems there’s no desire at Sonos to fix them, communicate about the problems, or let us know when, or IF, they will be fixed.

The new app is awful. Delays on adjusting volume, Recently Played goes off after recently turning it on. No system found when opening app, and more issues. A true downgrade. Disappointing to say the least.

And another frustrating issue I am having is the current song playing is not being updated. Just continues to display the first song played. 

Totally  agree. The new app is unusable  and not fit for purpose. I love my Sonos speaks and Arc soundbar and have reverted back to the old app (found the AKP file online).

Sonos need to sort this out, a high end integrated speaker system needs a high end app to control it not the half baked rubbish that Sonos have rolled out.

And they still have the cheek to send us Marketing emails.  

Sort it out Sonos.

Is there anyway we can collectively bombard Sonos witb complaints ?

This has gone on too long and their silence is deafening..

Have you seen where you are?

Silence?  They’ve dedicated a support page to this fiasco, it’s the very first thing you see when you click on Support:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/home

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Eh ?

Silence?  They’ve dedicated a support page to this fiasco, it’s the very first thing you see when you click on Support:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/home

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

I take it that is tongue in cheek

No, it is not.  You said their “silence is deafening”.  I don’t find a dedicated support page detailing what has been fixed and a schedule for future fixes to be “deafening”.  Quite the opposite.  What would you like them to do, contact you directly?  Come to your door to hand deliver the fixes? 

Eh ?

This is a Sonos forum filled with people bombarding Sonos with complaints.

And they still have the cheek to send us Marketing emails.  

Sort it out Sonos.

This has gone on too long and “their silence is deafening”……..

I agree. You’d think someone from the company would chime in here to point us to the Available Now and Coming Soon info. But the simple fact is that they released an updated app that was not ready for release. Companies need to very careful when updating something that is so important to the functionality of their products. In this case an app update has caused brand damage to some extent.

The new Sonas app is awful. It typically will not connect to music even when the music is playing, hence I cannot switch the music of,

but worst problem is trying to control the volumes of the various sonas speakers. Even when I adjust the volume in the app it mysteriously changes itself back to the other setting.

trying to adjust volumes is almost impossible and VERY VERY frustrating.

fthis app should not have been released in such a dismal and poor state. It really damages Sonas reputation and brand.

when will these problems be fixed..?

I have just found this thread. I thought it was just me. This is absolutely the worst business decision that Sonos has ever made. From having a brilliant product and service they have clearly destroyed it. I recognise all the issues here as they are my issues. How can the company not have customer service at this scale.

No, it is not.  You said their “silence is deafening”.  I don’t find a dedicated support page detailing what has been fixed and a schedule for future fixes to be “deafening”.  Quite the opposite.  What would you like them to do, contact you directly?  Come to your door to hand deliver the fixes? 

To be fair, the page you posted doesn’t include system stability issues like @Becks0568 reported on the new app.  Issues like

With systems that were working on the old app.

Eh ?

We certainly are bombarding ourselves 😂.  It would be reassuring if Sonos acknowledged a broader list than @jgatie linked to.  It seems obvious they are aware of issues such as system instability because their change logs show some attempt at addressing them.

Eh ?

We certainly are bombarding ourselves 😂.  It would be reassuring if Sonos acknowledged a broader list than @jgatie linked to.  It seems obvious they are aware of issues such as system instability because their change logs show some attempt at addressing them.

Well given that nothing has been fixed...and they're not responding on this forum, then yes !

Are they oblivious to this forum ?