Question

No access to Subsonic with the new app?

Userlevel 1

I don’t seem to be able to see my currently configured Subsonic server from the new app.

Will there be a way to connect to home libraries and media servers as normal? Plex is working at least.

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Same issue here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Oddly enough I was playing from my Subsonic server this morning.  I hit the play button when I got home and it’s playing fine - just can’t do anything with it in the new app.

Same issue, just went back to version 16.1 (Android)

This was a deal breaker for me, I had to roll back to the previous android app.

Also no more now playing home screen widget was an issue. Sounds like from reading there's lots of other issues. 

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Sonos app on ios? 
I need to access my library locally, (SMB or Subsonic equivalent)
I'm really disappointed with Sonos, how can they release such a disastrous app, they should have left the old version alongside the new one.

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Sonos app on ios? 
I need to access my library locally, (SMB or Subsonic equivalent)
I'm really disappointed with Sonos, how can they release such a disastrous app, they should have left the old version alongside the new one.

Not an ios user but can you not just roll it back? 

Badge

Same issue here, this is a deal breaker. Sonos is a home system, it should connect to home servers 🙄

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Support told me: 

“Subsonic doesn't show on the services on Sonos. I believe we never supported Subsonic since they do not work the way a normal music service would.”

Which clearly isn’t true. 

Personn

Support told me: 

“Subsonic doesn't show on the services on Sonos. I believe we never supported Subsonic since they do not work the way a normal music service would.”

Which clearly isn’t true. 

I personally use bonob, an intermediate plugin that connects a subsonic or navidrome instance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Me too. I misremembered how it was added. Either way it no longer shows up as a service to add or play from.  

Userlevel 2

Clearly Sonos doesn't understand their customers. This is a terrible upgrade 

Can someone advise if there is a work around to roll back to the previous version of the app on ios? 

Can someone advise if there is a work around to roll back to the previous version of the app on ios? 

Unfortunately, there is no solution, you can’t downgrade an app on iOS.

Same issue here. Subsonic works on the new app for desktop windows pc but will not show on iOS or android. This is the only why I’ve been using Sonos speakers and now with the mobile app breaking this functionality my music library is now useless on this app. Please fix. 

Come on Sonos...You broke something that worked really well. Roll back the App untill you have it ironed out and tested properly

I am unable to reach anyone via the Chatbot or telephone (wait > 70 minutes).

The newest iOS update broke the connection to Subsonic.  There is a HUGE community of us who use Subsonic, both in the US and abroad.  The newest desktop updated version still works, which is interesting.

Can you PLEASE have this repaired ASAP?  I invested a ton of time and effort into this Sonos system less than 1 year ago.  My family uses Subsonic for all of our music and playlists, and this really sucks.  Things are nonfunctional unless we walk into the basement and change the song on my office computer every time.

Sonos has become over the years more and more strange. From being a innovative company (I was one of the first customers in my country with a Sonos ZP80) to a tec company that is far away from customers and even does not listen to customers anymore. Their own agenda seems more important than customer needs.

The new upgrade of the system simply ignored my configuration and deleted the subsonic access to my music library….no cost-free or easy to install alternative is available anymore.

I still have one system with a S1 App which I will continue to use. My second system that migrated to the new Sonos has no worth for me anymore and will need to be put in trash! 1000 eur lost….thank you Sonos!!!!!