Skip to main content
Answered

new update

Hi everyone i have updated to the latest version 80.0 I'm android user but the app remained the same after updated and I'm still on 16.1? How can i get the new redesigned app. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 2

Nothing works anymore after this update, I’ve got two Sonos One speakers and they are dead! What to do, it was working all smoothly yesterday morning. I tried everything, but no luck at all. Please advise or solve this problem (from the Netherlands)

Try your pc/laptop to login Sonos.com/web-app 

If you want to roll back, Android users, click the link below to a reddit article with the solution. Thank god for that site, I've just rolled back and am enjoying my Sonos again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cnxj1d/how_to_roll_back_from_sonos_80_to_161_android/

The new update sucks. Plz do fix it quick

New update lacks control. Worst update ever. No home screen control anymore and lost music library.

What are they going to do. Anyone know how to get the old app back…...

Userlevel 4

I still can’t believe that Sonos mgmt. allowed such a sadly deficient app update to ever be released, without also enabling us to revert to the old app. They have effectively rendered the primary functions of our Sonos systems useless, per the new mobile app. Are they intentionally trying to annoy & lose customers who have trustingly invested in their products?!

Where are the fixes?!!  

There have already been two releases that contain some fixes. There is also an FAQ which outlines some further updates to come. 

Userlevel 4

Where’s the access to music libraries?

I just couldn’t take it any longer. I had to also chime in on this horrible POS software update that SONOS provided all of us with.

Who was the stupid son of a * that thought any of this update was a good idea! More to the point, why hasn’t SONOS responded to all of the calls to at least be able to revert to the previous version until this POS gets REPLACED!

Absolute incompetent management from top to bottom. Will certainly NOT recommend the SONOS system to absolutely everyone I can find to tell. Am going to look for an alternative system to stream with and play my NAS. SONOS has * me for the last time. 😡

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

New update is a disaster. I can hardly even use my Sonos anymore.

Please fix this piece of c***....! 

What a regression.  This is not an update but a downgrade.  The app is much slower than before.  The layout doesn't look right.  The library is very difficult to reach.  I hope someone at SonoS reads all this feedback and does something about it soon.  Unfortunately, we are "obligated" by SonoS to use this app, otherwise I would immediately use an alternative.

There are some 3rd party Apps that can play music. Only the SONOS phone/pad Apps are able to configure a system.

What a DISASTER the new App. My system is completely screwed. App is slow, design does not make sense, TuneIn service not working, pffffff

I’m so peed off with this system. The tech seems to be moving backwards. I too can’t get my phone access Tunein. My main use. What’s the point of a systen that won’t let you access it?

This update just confuses me completely. I've only got two devices but was wanting to expand with a surround system and some portables for outside. Absolutely not going to happen now. I didn't think anyone could make a worse interface than Yamaha's Music Cast. I was wrong.

Got 9 devices....now useless 😒 

This is a complete Desaster!!!