Skip to main content

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

Since installing the new Sonos App the system will not ‘see’ my Sonos Beam. i’ve tried all the factory resets, re-install app etc, with no joy. I aasume tney are having lots of problms as 105 minute wait on the helpline. Sonos i just want to downgrade back to the S2 controller please! 

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

Same goes for Android app.  Total piece of xxxxx. Rendering my $xx,xxx of equipment virtually useless for the way I consume my music... SONOS.. Sort Out Now Or Suspend and rollback. This is not brave or creative... this is destructive and brand damaging.. listen to your customers because without us you have nothing .. is OK to make mistakes but it is much better to admit them and do something - that creates loyalty. So are you empathic to those here who have got you where you are today or apathetic to us?

yes extremely bad. continuously loosing system settings. need to remove app and install again to get it going. favorites not being saved. 

My email message to CEO Patrick following latest SONOS ios Upgrade April/ May 2024.
Thank you so much. The Latest upgrade takes away the primary reason I have used SONOS for the last 15 years.

Hi, Patrick

I don't stream music EVER

I have ripped all my cds into my music library, comprising 37,000+ songs. 

I used to enjoy using SONOS to select my ENTIRE music library and request RANDOM / SHUFFLED playback. This allowed me to see a random list of  all the songs in my library, and skip or scroll down to songs from my library I wanted to hear.

The randomisation of MY music allowed me to 'sweat' my asset (my cds), listen to neglected album tracks, inspire the next song choice, rekindle my interest in songs  I owned but had forgotten about.

Unless  I am missing something,  your latest product upgrade has taken away the option for me to play my entire music library randomly and thereby TOTALLY ruined my SONOS experience. 

Well done you.

Gally64

I installed the previous version of the app using Aptoide and am a happy person again!

Do not forget to put off the Auto Update of the Sonos App.

Mine auto-updated in my phone the other day and destroyed my playlists. The UX on it is pretty crummy. And they got rid of Alarms? I mean, why would anyone need to be able to access alarms from their phone to set them?

A rollback most certainly won’t bring back my playlists, so thanks for that.

I used to be an evangelist for this brand. Absolutely no more.

This upgrade is absolutely trash. You have rendered all of my devices unusable. When ill this be fixed? I have been a loyal customer for over for over almost a decade with no “real” challenges BUT this is the worst i have ever had to encounter.

Why were we not warned about this update?

Who performed the UAT on this update?

What is going on?

😡

Mine auto-updated in my phone the other day and destroyed my playlists. The UX on it is pretty crummy. And they got rid of Alarms? I mean, why would anyone need to be able to access alarms from their phone to set them?

I still have my playlists after the rollback...

This upgrade is absolutely trash. You have rendered all of my devices unusable. When ill this be fixed? I have been a loyal customer for over for over almost a decade with no “real” challenges BUT this is the worst i have ever had to encounter.

Why were we not warned about this update?

Who performed the UAT on this update?

What is going on?

😡

They had their UAT done by someone who had never seen the app before...

PURE CRAP

I cannot believe how bad the new app is.  Really angry as I have invested a lot of money in Sonos.  It is almost unusable.  No way to clear the queue. It’s terrible.  Sort it out Sonos or I’m off to Bose

After I updated the app on the iPhone it won't find my existing system. Keeps sending me to a never-ending loop of: iPhone settings to allow permissions to join lokal network, and then back to Sonos App that can’t find my system and repeat. Costumer support asked me to do all the routines that I had already done, then send diagnostics, bla bla. Finally checked with somebody else that said it was a bug and a new update would fix it. He didn't know when though. Until then use your iPad and don't worry the Mac version isn't in danger of any updating soon. No roll back so totally useless iPhone app which is my main Sonos controller. I’ve had Sonos products since 2007, had the first and the second physical controllers and then the phone apps. This is just lousy and judging from the comments of people who are got the app to work, it’s really bad. Thanks Sonos!    

Good news, rolling back WILL bring back your playlists. Worked for me. 

All of my equipment is totally useless. We must demand answers and join the lawsuit to recover all of our expenses 

Sonos app designers . Hats off to you. You had the market , you had a great product but by you , yes you , messing around with it just to make it different so to justify your salary you ve actually epically failed . Be proud , not many people in your position with such a huge company could accomplish such a feat . Good luck in your next job . 
if anyone in Sonos management team are reading this I have a blind 14 year old dog who could do a better job of app upgrade . To the app designer responsible , I need my lawn cut but you d probably use a spoon to be “ edgy “ 

Downloaded the recent update not realizing it was so expansive.   I am totally dead in the water.  My system is completely unusable.  For the first few moments after the install I had music coming on and going off in multiple rooms at very loud volumes with absolutely no control.  I had music playing from Pandora stations I had never visited.  Total catastrophe.  Now I have a bunch of expensive Sonos equipment that was professionally installed that, at the moment, is pretty much worthless.  All I have seen on this thread is complaints with no real solutions offered by Sonos.  

What I could experience of the user interface in the chaos of trying to reign in my out of control system did not impress me.  Not very user friendly. 

Is there any way to return to the previous version of the system while it gets sorted out??

Agreed, Absolute rubbish. I am joining this to show solidarity and outrage. SONOS executives need to announce the errors and roll back the app ASAP, not sit in silence behind the ether of the internet. Get on with it ! Apologise, retract, and move forward!

What are Sonos thinking? This new App is abysmal. What an absolute shambles. The last App was really good. Why make it hundred times worse?

Sonos, will you revert to the previous S2 version, my sonos systems are totally nonfunctioning!!!

Sonos is stonewalling and denying that anything is wrong. This will be a HUGE CLASS ACTION LAWDUIT that will certainly bankrupt SONOS

I agree. It’s dysfunctional and clunky. I have a soundbar and it keeps defaulting to it for playing music, which is never used.

The aesthetics are troublesome and too busy, there’s no elegance. I should have never updated to this newer version. Can we get the old S2 back with the regular search?

I’ll join the party here. The new app isn’t just woeful in terms of how you navigate it and the UX, but I’m actually only able to play music in one room. Attempting to change the room does nothing. That’s a critical flaw that renders several of my speakers completely redundant.

So I’m sat in my office today listening to music through my MacBook Pro, pondering the alternatives.

Not good Sonos.

I have been installing Sonos since 2006 as it has been the best product in its category since its inception. Many other brands have come and gone or are still hanging around like a bad smell but Sonos has always remained the leader until now….. I’m lost for words. I have 4 ports. And a couple of amps to put into a customers house next week and I’m strongly considering of asking for a refund from Westan (Australian Distributor). I have had Sonos at home for the last 15 years and have used this as my selling point but now I can’t push this product as the update has completely ruined the usability of the product. Something needs to be done about this ASAP, I’m really irritated to say the least……….

This new app is an absolute piece of garbage!  No point mentioning all of the bugs, they’ve been mentioned above.  Everyone please let Sonos know what a sh**** move this was!!!!  I used to be a Sonos fan, now I’ve turned into a Sonos hater.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.