Question

New Sonos App Update Broke Amp Subwoofer Control

Show first post

64 replies

Same here.  I can't believe this!  We are not beta testing FFS!

Get your * together.

P

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Same issue here.Mine do not even show up!!!! 

I have a Connect:AMP and a Sonos AMP and both no longer show the 3rd party subs, the subs are  no longer working and there are no controls listed on the device settings pages. Seems this last update really hosed these settings. Of course, I have two Sonos Subs as well, and of course those still work fine. This is really annoying. Hoping this will get resolved soon. 

Its like the Amps are not detecting the 3rd party Subs being connected. 

Sonos should be:

1) adding features to their app, not removing features,

2) making it faster, not slower, 

3) addressing bugs in their app, not creating 10x more issues;

4) focusing on their strengths - and market differentiator, instead of trying to become another company (which I will not name).

I loved Sonos so much during the pandemic that I put them in every room of my house. I have 3 Sonos amps (and lord knows how many sonos ones) all connected to Subs… that are now useless. Music is way more important to me than TV or Movies. If this isn’t resolved soon I may have to replace my sonos Amps with something that actually works. They worked so well for 4 years! At least give us the option of loading the old software while you work out the issues with the new. Forcing us to be broken is unacceptable. Roll back the broken software, do some real QA, then release the new software as an optional “upgrade”. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I loved Sonos so much during the pandemic that I put them in every room of my house. I have 3 Sonos amps (and lord knows how many sonos ones) all connected to Subs… that are now useless. Music is way more important to me than TV or Movies. If this isn’t resolved soon I may have to replace my sonos Amps with something that actually works. They worked so well for 4 years! At least give us the option of loading the old software while you work out the issues with the new. Forcing us to be broken is unacceptable. Roll back the broken software, do some real QA, then release the new software as an optional “upgrade”. 

I use the old software on android app it still works.

Does Sonos read in this forum?

There are some sonos ppl lurking in the background and sometimes they respond. I think they typically hope we resolve issues by bouncing solutions with other sonos users. Talking with tech support (for me - especially on issues associated with this May'24 App release) has been futile at best. There are mixed support results. Some can see Amp Sub Controls that others can't. My sonos app is still broken. I am already exploring other music streaming hardware out there. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

There are some sonos ppl lurking in the background and sometimes they respond. I think they typically hope we resolve issues by bouncing solutions with other sonos users. Talking with tech support (for me - especially on issues associated with this May'24 App release) has been futile at best. There are mixed support results. Some can see Amp Sub Controls that others can't. My sonos app is still broken. I am already exploring other music streaming hardware out there. 

Apparently sonos only cares about apple users. Last I knew they had graphics but the controls didn't work. I sideload the old app on my android to use the controls. I am an installer you can't imagine how frustrating this is for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Update: iOS App Version 80.02.04 released June 4th still doesn't resolve subwoofer controls for Sonos Amp. 

The update doesn't mention any fixes specifically for this issue so I assume they are still working on it… But was hoping it was fixed anyway. It's approaching about 1 month now with this bug.

Badge

Same issue here - Sony Sub connected to my Sonos Amp. Hoping it get resolved soon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got the app page on android but still don't work sonos your engineers should be shot

Userlevel 2

Come on Sonos. Please resolve this asap. My neighbour isn’t happy when my kids are playing music when I am away.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep, phase control and sub level are still not working.

I have a Playbar with a Sub. Sub controls are indeed no longer working since the app update 👎