Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos app - playing artist “top tracks” on Deezer

Hi,

After searching for an artist on Deezer, one of the options available is to play their “top tracks”. On the old S2 app this worked fine. I could search for the artist, select “top tracks” and then “play” or “shuffle play”.

On the new Sonos app, I can get to the artist “top tracks” on Deezer, but then it only appears to let me play one track at a time. I can play a track, but once that track is finished it won’t move on to the next one. It just stops playing anything.

Is this user error, bug, or planned feature? Can you advise how I can play an artist’s top tracks on Deezer please?

Thank you.

Same here on all music services I use. Super frustrating and was relieved yet more frustrated to see others having same experience. Hope they fix it! 

Where are the responses from Sonos support? I know someone has to read this.

I agree with everyone and I’m having the same issue.

I’ve been using Amazon music and then connecting to Sonos with Airplay. It works with all my speakers too.

Hopefully the Sonos Software Engineers that cocked it up in the first place can pull their fingers out and sort it.

An easy patch would be just to re release the old app. Y’know. The one that works. 
A message to those engineers….

Just because YOU like an update or idea, doesn’t necessarily mean that your CUSTOMERS do.

Sort it out.

Same here. Old app worked fine and with upgrade: not anymore.

Also: a lot xhanged in one go. I think towards a good direction but it looks like a totally different app. Not that friendly when it is sudden.

I hope this is corrected soon.

I posted a similar issue the other day. We all have the same problem here, and it seems for many of us (including me), this feature (playing all top tracks of artists) is a primary way we use Sonos.  The same problem exists when you pick “Artist Radio” by the way.  SONOS - PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!

One work around for me is to launch music with my Tidal App, then pick the Sonos products I want to play it from within my iPhone, but this is awkward and doesn’t always work properly.

Another upset user. Deezer top tracks used all the time and now broken. Where are the Sonos support?

Ok so having the same problem here and it's so annoying. Use Deezer here and have tried to pin to home and no avail.

Sonos this needs sorting so many unhappy people!!

Even after the latest update to the app, this issue is still a problem. Playing artist top tracks was my go to! Please sort Sonos 

I absolutely agree with everyone who has contributed to this chat. The first thing I do when I get home is activate Deezer on Sonos, choose my favorite artist and Top tracks! 
Has anyone noticed the Artist 100% is now gone 🤷‍♀️ 

Sonos, respect your clientele and those of us who have invested in your system! Respect would be at the very least a response and an update!!!!!!

Come on Sonos, we’ve paid a fortune for our systems - just roll back to the previous App version, it worked just fine. We need this functionality (play top tracks), sleep timer and speed - it’s soooooo slow… utterly frustrating experience now!

+1 

please, Sonos team, provide the patch release asap 🤗. In sw world nothing can be perfect upfront but in today world a sw company needs to be fast !

ps: QA and knowledge of your customers usage look to be an axis of improvement. 

PS2: to frustrated users (inc. me): use the « Mix » feature in between. Might bring some nice discoveries too ;)

Same as all the above. Can’t believe it’s been going so long and not fixed. Bring back top tracks functionality. Going to see if the old app works now…

I thought it was me being stupid! Please fix this ASAP. Mistakes happen but you shouldn't let this issue drag on as long as this.

And here we all are STILL WAITING for an meaningful response or update to this utterly appalling app and treatment by a company thousands have invested in.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I just want to add to the controversy. If you do the same in Spotify, you can play top songs because there is the play button for the hole list. So is not a software problem. Sonos has something to do with, maybe charging to the music systems or prefer only Spotify?  I had 15 Sonos products and consider to sell all and leave the brand. 

Agreed with all of the above. Whoever is responsible for this should be out of a job. I literally have 11 Sonos products, 1000's invested, and I can't even play Amazon top songs. Not to mention, Amazon music drops out constantly. No other service, just Amazon, one of the largest streaming services on the planet. Sonos need to get their sh*t together. I could get better reception on an analog radio.

Agreed with all of the above. Whoever is responsible for this should be out of a job. I literally have 11 Sonos products, 1000's invested, and I can't even play Amazon top songs. Not to mention, Amazon music drops out constantly. No other service, just Amazon, one of the largest streaming services on the planet. Sonos need to get their sh*t together. I could get better reception on an analog radio.

It's genuinely quite unbelievable isn't it... Fu**ING infuriating too. Our products would be worth sand if we tried to sell them too, as nobody would want them now!!!

Hey Everyone, 

Am I the only one ready to lose my mind with Sonos, or is there something about a fix I’m unaware of?  I was trying their online chat for some help. They wanted my credit card number and someone would call…. Are they SERIOUS!

Hey Everyone, 

Am I the only one ready to lose my mind with Sonos, or is there something about a fix I’m unaware of?  I was trying their online chat for some help. They wanted my credit card number and someone would call…. Are they SERIOUS!

Unfortunately, we're all losing our minds... 

I have noticed though that the number beside the volume bar have returned... Does this mean they have updated it since I last used it? Must have... Top tracks still don't play beyond one song though, so that's still a completely useless feature at this point. 

Same issue here with no way to play top tracks from Deezer, which was my go to, and no way to regress to a previous version of the app. 
This along with my random connection drop outs is making me wonder why I bother continuing with Sonos. 

Might as well add to this. I hoped they would sort this out but it’s driving us mad.

New app is slow, clunky, horrible to navigate, I can’t choose a room for music to play in before it starts so it starts now in my son’s bedroom everytime before switching rooms but by far the most frustrating issue is not just playing Top Tracks in Deezer all the way through, which is how we often play music.

Just give us the old app it was great! 

Ultimately we’re building a house and we were on the verge of installing about 10 rooms worth of Sonos, now I’m asking is there an alternative? Bose? I’m not willing to get trapped in a Sonos system that doesn’t work. 

100% this. The new app is slow, unresponsive and clunky. And no ‘play top tracks from Deezer’. Are they trying to lose business?

The only way I can play artist’s top tracks from Amazon Music is by using Sonos voice control: “hey Sonos, play Donald Byrd” or “hey Sonos, play Ludovico Einaudi from amazon music”. 

The only problem with that is that it cuts the list to only 100 tracks and only puts those to the queue. (That seems to be the same issue as with e.g. searching and accessing artist’s releases - that list is also cut to just 100.)

Might as well add to this. I hoped they would sort this out but it’s driving us mad.

New app is slow, clunky, horrible to navigate, I can’t choose a room for music to play in before it starts so it starts now in my son’s bedroom everytime before switching rooms but by far the most frustrating issue is not just playing Top Tracks in Deezer all the way through, which is how we often play music.

Just give us the old app it was great! 

Ultimately we’re building a house and we were on the verge of installing about 10 rooms worth of Sonos, now I’m asking is there an alternative? Bose? I’m not willing to get trapped in a Sonos system that doesn’t work. 

To be honest, at this point I'd seriously seriously consider an alternative brand. I can't quite put into words how downhill Sonos has become but it's truly jaw dropping. Like many I'm now trapped with a system that can go off on a spaz any time it likes, or just fail to reduce volume when I need it to the most. 

There also appears to be no help or advice/updates I'm sight. I remember a few years back Sonos had a good enough tech team through what was Twitter, and they would collect your diagnostic report to help you. Now... It's either gone or they just don't bother replying now!! (I've! tried several times already). 

I don't know where to go from here, I'm so fed up I almost dislike playing music now through their app. 

Are they listening or reading these posts? Are they ever going to reach out? I want to get rid of my whole system but it wouldn't make any difference to them as they won't know or care. 

If you read reviews on the Play store for their app, it's utterly astonishing how bad they are, but they ARE a true reflection of the current mess.