Skip to main content
Question

New Sonos App can't find my devices - help

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I downloaded the ‘redesigned’ Sonos app and it can’t find my 2x S1, Boost and S3 devices. Factory resets allows them to be found but ‘there was a problem linking them to your account’. Using the old S1 legacy app tells me now I have to use S2. Basically I’m now unable to use Sonos. I am on iOS so I can’t download the old app. Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

As far as I understand there is no solution.

I have totally lost my tv-system consisting of Arc/sub and 2 S1’s. I can find my Move/Amp and one IKEA Symphony. 
My speakers connected to the Amp have no sound cause Amp says no cables connected…

BUT I find that my Tv-systems Sub seems to be somehow connected to the Amp?!?!?

Somehow Sonos is using paying customers as beta-testers…

If I understand it correctly it’s useless trying to re-install the system. 

So right now Im sitting with a totally useless system

It is utter dog s****.

I can see everything using the S2 app on my yet to be downgraded, sorry, “Updated” app.

This new POS is utterly and irreparably broken. Beyond all recognition. It just does not work. I couldn’t recommend Sonos to anyone as it currently stands. In fact I’m seriously considering jacking it in and selling it all. There are so many other options out there and they just don’t have the same broken UI that Sonos keep churning out, regardless of feedback and lack of functionality. It actually makes me angry, which means it’s not good for me. So, I’m selling it to some poor schmuck who thinks like I once thought.

Sorry Sonos. This is the proverbial straw.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

same problem. installed new app - now app can’t see any of my devices. and I can’t go back to the old S2.  tried calling in wait time was 80 minutes - rediculous!!!

my wife stil has the old S2 app on her phone but now, when she opens it it tells here whe has to update to app and wont let the old app play. all the devices have the wrench next to it. tell here to update to fix.

so now we have a door stop for a music system. 

WTF???

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

so here is a new development.

I opened the SONOS S2 app on my Windows PC and it works fine…..

So if you have the app on your desktop. You should be able to use/control the Sonos devices

in the short term until SONOS figures out what went wrong.