New SONOS App - Alarms

App has been upgraded,  We onlu have IOS no access to Mac or Windows,

Lost ability to use alarms etc 

Can we reverse upgrade and go back?

New app is awful! so user non friendly 

231 replies

Userlevel 2

This needs to be fixed immediately -- not in “months.”

Ditto for playlist editing capability and music library functionality. 

Sonos has built loyal customers by ADDING functionality. When you take it away, especially for core functions like daily alarms, you not only diminish the product but break the company’s trust with customers.

I have NEVER been disappointed in Sonos until now, and I’ve had almost every device in my house since the company’s inception.

Seriously? I have my 6:30 am alarm going off on my days off with zero ability to turn it off!!!!

I hope this oversight costed someone’s job. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to delete pre-existing alarms?

WTF, Sonos. Regretting my $1000 purchase 

Userlevel 3

This needs to be fixed immediately -- not in “months.”

Ditto for playlist editing capability and music library functionality. 

Sonos has built loyal customers by ADDING functionality. When you take it away, especially for core functions like daily alarms, you not only diminish the product but break the company’s trust with customers.

I have NEVER been disappointed in Sonos until now, and I’ve had almost every device in my house since the company’s inception.

With your commitment to Sonos.... You definitely deserve better! 

The entire reason I bought a Sonos in the first place was because it had a master sleep timer regardless of streaming service used. 

I rely on this speaker to fall asleep AND have an alarm in the morning. Well, I think, guess I better update the app last night… Wrong! Do not update! 

Not only is there no sleep timer, but my old alarm is going off in the morning at whatever my old preset was with no ability to modify it. Now my neighbors are pissed off because it goes off forever while I’m at work.

Sonos must either let us reinstall the old app or update the sleep and alarm functionality within 1 week, not some BS June update. 

if its not until June, I will do what I should have done from the start, go with a KEF system.

And let’s be honest, no physical remote was a giant PIA. To destroy our only remote being the app is a disgrace. The product manager should be named and shamed or whoever forced them to publish this app without asking their customers what they care about. No one asked for this app. Don’t you learn how to survey customers in your BS product management courses?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

On top of all the other things that are wrong, I just found out the alarm clock functionality has disappeared from the “improved” app. I need to go to bed in an hour and don’t sleep with my phone in the bedroom and have no alarm clock!!!

This upgrade is a total disaster. An absolute and total disaster. I don’t know why I didn’t listen to all the terrible 1-star app reviews before choosing to update. I’m an idiot for thinking Sonos wouldn’t do something so unbelievable.

my phone downloaded the new app & now I find my alarms section to turn on, off sheduled alarms for work.

Userlevel 2

I have been reading through the post above and totally agree with what people are saying. I would say 99.0% of smart speaker users use them as alarms devices. The great thing with the Sonos device “WAS” that I could set my alarm to anything and I could set a number of  different alarms for different days and times “IT WAS EASY”  

WHY O WHY would you as a company omit this from a major upgrade. I called Sonos support today and I was told you can set alarms on the desktop app, but guess what, Yes IT IS NOT AVAILABLE anymore for download!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Sort it out Sonos

Userlevel 3

Ability to modify alarms unavailable !!!!

Please - either

1. make the previous version available
  2. Make the ability to control alarms functional on the ‘new’ version very quickly & state the timeline

AND NEXT TIME - with all the marketing info about a redesign SAY CLEARLY & PROMINENTLY what features have been withdrawn. Suggest this is applied to current marketing.

I am stunned by this - absolutely stunned. A company that clearly doesn’t understand its customers.

Please get a grip - quickly.

Stewart

Userlevel 3

I have been reading through the post above and totally agree with what people are saying. I would say 99.0% of smart speaker users use them as alarms devices. The great thing with the Sonos device “WAS” that I could set my alarm to anything and I could set a number of  different alarms for different days and times “IT WAS EASY”  

WHY O WHY would you as a company omit this from a major upgrade. I called Sonos support today and I was told you can set alarms on the desktop app, but guess what, Yes IT IS NOT AVAILABLE anymore for download!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Sort it out Sonos

So it seems that the only way to stop the alarms from going off is to unplug the speakers?

At that point why do we even have SONOS product?

Once it is unplugged it takes so long for them to reconnect that we might as well leave them unplugged and purchase from another vendor.

How on earth did no one in the development process recognize that this was a critical feature of the product?

It seems that SONOS has become much more committed to social media content than they have to product support.

If you want to just be a hardware company, that is fine.  But please allow another company to provide software that works.

Userlevel 2

I’ve had to unplug the speaker in my bedroom as I can’t switch off the alarms I don’t need while on holiday from work. 
This is unbelievably poor. How did it get through beta testing with this functionality missing?

I’ve been involved with Sonos beta testing in the past and this never would have been missed 

I’ve had to unplug the speaker in my bedroom as I can’t switch off the alarms I don’t need while on holiday from work. 
This is unbelievably poor. How did it get through beta testing with this functionality missing?

I’ve been involved with Sonos beta testing in the past and this never would have been missed 

It wasn’t missed in Beta testing. They know they omitted alarms, actually the first version of the new app 80.00.00 had alarms, but then they released 80.00.02 which only had ability to turn off alarms, then 80.00.04 with alarms completely removed. All on may 7. 

Userlevel 2

It wasn’t missed in Beta testing. They know they omitted alarms, actually the first version of the new app 80.00.00 had alarms, but then they released 80.00.02 which only had ability to turn off alarms, then 80.00.04 with alarms completely removed. All on may 7. 

Crazy, should never have been allowed to be released in this unfinished state!

Where’s the alarm feature on the app. Can’t seem to find it on this new update or did they get rid of it?

I value radio over anything to wake me. Sonos what great. Alarm wasn’t the best placed in the app. But it worked. Now gone, I am faced with selling all Sonos, maybe Google or Apple do a better job these days. Or someone from Sonos will very quickly build a work around and update us. 

Userlevel 1

SONOS, this new application SUCKS !!!   

What are you doing? 

Do you really hate your users/customers this much?!   Unbelievable...

How do you take an excellent product and continuously make it worse and worse?  How are you going from available customer service to unavailable customer service?  As someone who invested in you when you were at the beginning, you have managed to screw everything up.  The new app is a nightmare. The alarm feature does not work on the iPhone app at all.  Everyone is having the same problem.  How do you manage to screw that up?  Everyone uses the alarm on Sonos!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh.  Also, the sleep timer is no where to be found.  These are basic functions and you screw it all up.  Your chat function is not working and the customer service line is a disaster.  I have to go searching on Reddit to solve the problems that you cannot seem to handle.  If anyone is having to deal with their alarm going off because you can’t undo it on the new app, you can do it on your desktop.  These app developers are complete ****.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2

So you've removed alarms from the app. Well that was stupid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi all,

I have gathered your feedback regarding Alarms in the Sonos app from individual threads and compiled it here. I understand your frustration and can assure this feature will return in a future update, however I can’t provide an ETA on when.

If you have any other suggestions or comments, please let us know by replying here or by posting in the Sonos app announcement thread linked below:

That thread, along with all other feedback, threads, and comments regarding the Sonos app, will be closely monitored and forwarded to the relevant teams.

This is pathetic.

I woke up every morning with music, I went to sleep every night with music... now, my Sonos don't have an alarm, neither a timer. What were you thinking? 

Where are alarms?

Where is sleep?

Why is it so annoying to get to individual speaker volume control?

Fundamental functionality should not sacrificed for some sort of app function that no one uses anyway. All the sonos app has to do is control the what, where, when, and how loud music is played and keep it in sync. 
Why would you jeopardize your core functionality for unneeded “enhancements?”

After update alarm has vanished .. how can I change if ?

Userlevel 1

Where are the Sonos alarms in the new app? Can’t find them. Were they left out? I have numerous alarms set for different rooms at different times. Really need access to those. 

I used to adjust my alarm weekly if not multiple times a week with my fluctuating work schedule. I know with the upgrade the alarm function was removed. However, my previous sonos alarm keeps going off every morning and now I can't edit or cancel it. I can no longer sleep in on my days off!!! Help! How do it get this fixed?!?

Turn previous ALARMS OFF now that you have no control over WHEN SONOS alarms go off?? This is completely ridiculous!

also, PLEASE stop asking me if I want “free shipping” every time I open support site! Definitely don’t want to order any new sonos products after this experience with Sonos. 

Hello,
i found a workarround, you install the Windows App and you alarm feature still is avalable
But until when? 
It is possible, like that, to control until restoration of the functun into the new app version

alarm plays every morning. Can not remove it. Had to unplug the speaker.