Skip to main content
Answered

new sleep timer location in app

Following the recent update to the app, I can't find the sleep timer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

something so basic and you remove it! Those things are possible when it is BETA but it is not admissible in a FINAL version

It wasn’t removed.  Nothing has been ‘removed’. — the app has been completely rewritten and released before some functions had been written back into the new app.  Yes it makes no difference if want sleep timers but it does give you some understanding and background as to why they are not there.  As stated 10 days ago, they are due in an update mid-June.  That doesn’t look likely to change.  

What an answer. It is like Apple would remove printing function from macOS saying, sorry, we have rewritten the output system, printing comes with next version. Sonos app has not that much features to take them over in the feature list for „new app“. Ridiculous.

They needed the new app to be released before their new headphones arrive.

Push the “Wait till mid-June” button. 

Do something about this team and project manger!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Absolutely the worst update in history. Annoying and absurdly silly. I’m angry with it all, but particularly with the missing timer. 
SONOS: massive upset!

My workaround to the missing sleep timer is I found my old AM/FM radio I had in the seventies.  It has a functioning alarm and sleep timer.  Sure, my old $5 radio doesn’t play my personal playlist, but hey, neither does my $5,000 Sonos system.  And if you can’t find one of these antiques, don’t worry, Sonos is working night and day to figure out a way to incorporate this fifty year old technology in their new app.  

Well, I received an IOS-update today, to version 80.02.04. In the comments some of the missing functions are mentioned:

• Added sleep timer settings
  • Improved local library connectivity

But I Don’t seem to be able to find these functions…

Anyone? PLEASE??

Woohoo. Sleep is back. Found it. Select the appropriate speaker/zone and bring up the full screen version. Click the three dots bottom right and the sleep options are presented with the usual timing options. 

Woohoo. Sleep is back. Found it. Select the appropriate speaker/zone and bring up the full screen version. Click the three dots bottom right and the sleep options are presented with the usual timing options. 

Glad for you! Maybe it will appear in my updated app & system soon as well… Maybe the update was different for Europe or something   )-:

Getting something back that you had previously isn’t an improvement, it’s just another example of how badly Sonos has treated its loyal customers...

Sleep timer does not work for local music libraries, the context button (three dots)is greyed out.

Cannot see in Android on the three dots menu?

Oh… bummer… I have a pretty good collection of sleep songs in my local music library… but can't be used...

Amazing isn’t it? Return of basic timer function greeted like the second coming. Who owns Sonos anyway? It can’t be listed publicly with this sort of garbage governance.

I know. They clearly made a mistake thinking that the public can be overthrown like this. Or perhaps they didn’t think Sonos is widely used throughout the world. 

Sleep timer does not work for local music libraries, the context button (three dots)is greyed out.

Same here… was waiting for the last update as I used sleep timer daily with my local library. Disappointed to see that local library users are still left aside.

Anyone else not seen sleep timer in the updated app I’m using version 80.02.04 I cannot locate sleep timer. I’ve tested it with Spotify and Apple Music with no luck. No updates are available for my system. The only thing I can think of is that I’m using an iPhone 13 mini. 

Hi there, I experienced the same until recently. It was fixed however since I learned in another thread  that Sonos blocks this function when an adblocker is active. I disabled it from my VPN and there the sleep timer was! 👏🏻

Hi there, I experienced the same until recently. It was fixed however since I learned in another thread  that Sonos blocks this function when an adblocker is active. I disabled it from my VPN and there the sleep timer was! 👏🏻

Thanks for this!  I disabled my vpn apps restarted my iPhone and FINALLY got the sleep timer to appear. 

re-enabled my vpn and sleep timer is still there.  Hope it doesn’t go AWOL 

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. After allowing *.sonos.com in my NextDNS profile, all devices are able to resolve msmetrics.ws.sonos.com.

After making this change, the Sleep Timer briefly appeared on my iPhone. However, shortly thereafter, the app crashed every time it was launched. I had to remove and reinstall it. Since then, the Sleep Timer has not reappeared, even though the DNS resolution of msmetrics.ws.sonos.com is working fine according to the logs at NextDNS.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. After allowing *.sonos.com in my NextDNS profile, all devices are able to resolve msmetrics.ws.sonos.com.

After making this change, the Sleep Timer briefly appeared on my iPhone. However, shortly thereafter, the app crashed every time it was launched. I had to remove and reinstall it. Since then, the Sleep Timer has not reappeared, even though the DNS resolution of msmetrics.ws.sonos.com is working fine according to the logs at NextDNS.

I thought this might be my issue, but neither sleep time nor alarm are showing up still. Pretty annoying.

So I turned off ALL of my NextDNS settings, logged out of the Sonos app, deleted the app, restarted the phone (iOS), installed the Sonos app, opened the app and approved every single popup, and after it was all setup logged into my Sonos account.

The features are there now.

I re-enabled my NextDNS, and will see if they disappear. Funny thing is that I wasn’t seeing anything being blocked in the logs outside of non-sonos apps like Google ads. Hopefully things stick.

…mid-July?  

so frustrating 

Sure is. After turning NextDNS back on, it disappeared again. Whatever it’s depending on must be some ad platform like google as I’m not seeing any DNS request being denied when I open the app.

So I’ve turned all the NextDNS blocks back off and will slowly start to re-enable them to hopefully identify which one is killing Sonos Sleep/Alarm.

The first stuff up was the removal of the sleep feature, a removal that this website shows that Sonos has no idea of its customer’s preferences.

The second Sonos stuff-up is the ongoing arrogant silence about when the sleep feature will be restored.

Never mind it is SNAFU with Sonos.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/erzg66/sonos_planned_obsolescence/?rdt=43863

Deleting a feature on a product after the point of sale is a deceptive and or misleading practice that should see Sonos confronted by the authorities in several countries.

Even the S1 mess didn’t cause this much angst - well at least after Sonos realised their mistake.

What we are seeing writ large is that Sonos are just like other tech companies - customers don’t matter.

I guess it is best to remember that Sonos operates on planned obsolescence and a trade in model to keep you locked in similarly to Garmin, Bose, Withings and Wahoo amongst others - foe Sonos that means a life cycle of not more than ten years for its products.  

https://wired.me/gear/audio/older-sonos-speakers-will-stop-receiving-updates/#:~:text=Four%20of%20Sonos'%20products%20are,its%20audio%20products%20will%20last.

Sure is. After turning NextDNS back on, it disappeared again. Whatever it’s depending on must be some ad platform like google as I’m not seeing any DNS request being denied when I open the app.

So I’ve turned all the NextDNS blocks back off and will slowly start to re-enable them to hopefully identify which one is killing Sonos Sleep/Alarm.

I assume Sonos uses some sort of feature toggle that enables/disables the sleep timer in the app depending on some server response.

However, it puzzles me that there are no blocked requests that can be associated with Sonos. In my NextDNS logs, I cannot find a blocked request that matches the time I use the Sonos app on my iPhone.