Skip to main content
Answered

new sleep timer location in app

Following the recent update to the app, I can't find the sleep timer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Push the “Wait till mid-June” button. 

You need to update to today’s release (May 14, 2024, 80.00.08 for iOS, 80.00.05 for Android) , I believe. 

Userlevel 3

@Airgetlam I just updated and don't see the sleep timer

Userlevel 3

Oof I wish they just roll back to the old one until the new app is ready…

Isn't it kinda dumb to forcefully switch everyone to an incomplete app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Airgetlam I just updated and don't see the sleep timer

The release schedule says mid June. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I believe the Sleep Timer feature will be added in a future update (sometime in June)..

Userlevel 2

What an epic fail.  Unimportant features and the lack of understanding how current clients use it. 

....honestly you messed it up badly

Sorry, took me a while to find it again, since I don’t use them.

1. click on the gear at the top right
  2. Click on ‘manage’ on the right side of your screen by ‘your system’
  3. Click on ‘Alarms’, which is the second option on my screen, screen cap above

Not terribly intuitive to find, but it exists, at least in my 80.00.80 iOS client. 

By the way, my guess is, if they aren’t there for you, one of two things may need to be done. First, you may need to download today’s update, and following that, you may need to update the firmware on your speakers (but I’m guessing). 

1. Again, click on the Gear icon at the top right of the screen
  2. Again, click on ‘Manage’ on the right of your screen
  3. Click on ‘System Updates’
  4. Click on ‘Check for updates’. 

Apologies…. I suspect this is just alarms, and not the sleep timer.

Userlevel 3

By the way, my guess is, if they aren’t there for you, one of two things may need to be done. First, you may need to download today’s update, and following that, you may need to update the firmware on your speakers (but I’m guessing). 

1. Again, click on the Gear icon at the top right of the screen
  2. Again, click on ‘Manage’ on the right of your screen
  3. Click on ‘System Updates’
  4. Click on ‘Check for updates’. 

Thanks so much. I’ll have a look tomorrow. Really appreciate it.

Userlevel 2

Sleep timer issue has never been addressed.  Whoever oversaw this disaster "update" (more accurately, "customer killer") should be fired immediately.  Where was the beta testing.  I never saw anything about a beta opportunity, but i get plenty of sales solicitations.  This is the worst software rollout in history.  Nothing like this since Windows Vista.  I have been a loyal Sonos customer since 2005.  I have large systems (primary location has 10 music zones and 3 full surround TV setups) and this app is giving me reason to sell the entire pile of garbage.  Not to mention I have referred hundreds of people to this company.  It is ridiculously laggy, glitchy, and problematic for multiple zones.  Sleep timer, alarms, personal library, queus, playlists, the list goes on.  Did it not occur to anyone at Sonos that the product should be done right or not forcibly pushed on their customer base?  If they don't have all these features and the garbage glitchiness fixed by June, I will sell the lot of it.  But who will buy?!?

Userlevel 2

Holy cow- epic fail with this update. Lost the sleep timer which is my favorite feature. App is more confusing and harder to use. What were they thinking? Wish I could undo it and go back to the old version. Feels like an Epic update for anyone who uses it. NEVER an improvement just a way for SW engineers to pat themselves on the back 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What is rubbish in all this is that the main message is trust us and wait for a few months and things will be alright again.

Why did they not just wait a few months and release the App when it was finished.

Userlevel 1

Y'all removed the sleep timer.  The main thing that I use and you did not make sure it was completed.  This is as bad a Bud Lite and their being tone deaf!

FIX IT!

I agree. Terrible feature to leave out of such a large update. At least for me and my wife, since we use it everyday.

However: I found a workaround. Set an alarm for the time you want the sleeptimer to end and set the volume to 0%. That stops the currently playing music by muting the volume.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tip !

Use the Alarm function.

Set the alarm in H+1 minute and set the duration.

Save and wait for a few seconds.

Et voilà ! 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello !

In a recent app update, Sonos brought back the Alarm function.

While waiting for the Timer function to also be reset, a trick allows me to fall asleep to music again.

I set an alarm for in 1 minute and set the duration of this alarm.

All you have to do is wait between 1 and 59 seconds and my soft music will play for the desired duration! 😀

Good night! 😴

Epic failure of a software “update”, zero consideration or empathy for a massive customer base, completely irresponsible product management, brand killing mistake 

Love my Sonos speakers, but this new app SUCKS!  I’ll figure it out, but my wife hates it.  It is not intuitive AT ALL.  

Userlevel 1

Agreed a dire update. Far from intuitive and lack of sleep function abysmal. Going backwards not forwards…

Solution for me and you if you have an Apple Watch, use Lyd -  Sleep still part of that app!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

something so basic and you remove it! Those things are possible when it is BETA but it is not admissible in a FINAL version

something so basic and you remove it! Those things are possible when it is BETA but it is not admissible in a FINAL version

It wasn’t removed.  Nothing has been ‘removed’. — the app has been completely rewritten and released before some functions had been written back into the new app.  Yes it makes no difference if want sleep timers but it does give you some understanding and background as to why they are not there.  As stated 10 days ago, they are due in an update mid-June.  That doesn’t look likely to change.  

Userlevel 1

Also no numbers on the zone volume slider. Another backwards move.

Fair enough if you want to re-write the app but why release it with partial functionality and not complete some beta testing… Release it when it is ready!

Following the recent update to the app, I can't find the sleep timer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

WTF, I have used this feature every night. And what now???? I am so angry with Sonos updates. It is not the first time they mess things. Terrible.