Skip to main content
Question

new App not working with Beam

Dear Sonos Team,

your new app does not connect with my Beam (from 2019). I read here, I am not alone with those troubles. I also tried everything with resetting the system etc. 2 hours work for nothing.

I was just thinking to expand the system throughout the house. But spending a lot of money by ending up to not beeing able to use the system anymore is making me somehow careful now.

what is your solution for all the connection issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

I have the same problem. Can’t connect my Beam (gen2) to the new app.
In my case I have managed to add the system to the app. The app now says that I have to do a Software Update. When I do that I’m requested to login, but when I do that I get a message saying I’m not the administrator. When I restart the app, I come back to the screen that says I must update. There’s no possibility to log out or anything. I’m on iOS.

I have the same problem. Can’t connect my Beam (gen2) to the new app.
In my case I have managed to add the system to the app. The app now says that I have to do a Software Update. When I do that I’m requested to login, but when I do that I get a message saying I’m not the administrator. When I restart the app, I come back to the screen that says I must update. There’s no possibility to log out or anything. I’m on iOS.

I have exactly the same situation. Hopefully the SONOS Team does provide an update soon. The current app is a desaster.

Same here. After an upgrade, please staff your support center accordingly. Monday through Friday support is not acceptable for how/when most your customers use your products. Now I’m stuck all weekend with a system where NOTHING works.

I recently upgraded my system as well. I cannot connect the beam to my system. I have called Support several times but I wind up being put on hold for 70 to 90 minutes at a time. Then they move it to a level to support and they send me an email to get on someone’s calendar for them to help me and the next available appointment is May 24. The customer support line was no help whatsoever. Kind of stinks that we spend all this money for system and we can’t use it and have to wait almost 2 1/2 weeks to get some support to maybe help fix it.

Same here…

Dear Sonos Team,

your new app does not connect with my Beam (from 2019). I read here, I am not alone with those troubles. I also tried everything with resetting the system etc. 2 hours work for nothing.

I was just thinking to expand the system throughout the house. But spending a lot of money by ending up to not beeing able to use the system anymore is making me somehow careful now.

what is your solution for all the connection issues?

I agree. Connectivity is a real problem.  My One SL absolutely will not connect via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.  My Fives and Move are showing up in the system, but neither will play.  I keep getting a pop up saying “Something went wrong”.  Really?  Was headed out to buy a Beam 2 for my new OLED TV, but opted for the same brand sound bar bundle instead.  What a huge disappointment to have these great sounding speakers and no way to use them.

Got it solved by going to “Account” → “App Preferences” → “Reset App” in the Sonos App. Then logged in again and added the Beam. Now it’s working again. 

Got it solved by going to “Account” → “App Preferences” → “Reset App” in the Sonos App. Then logged in again and added the Beam. Now it’s working again. 

This worked for me- thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated, really disappointed by Sonos poor support here. 

Thanks a lot for your support.

I have had the same problem, managed to get beam on app and the sub but cant get them to work togther! Both play1 on there, again they wont pair, nor the play 3s either! It was running great until this update! Help anybody! 

This new app is such a disaster. Fix one thing to break another. I tried doing the app reset trick but no success. 

None of the above worked for me. Unplugged the router and waited 30 seconds. Plugged it back in and everything showed up like it should in the app. I think there is an issue where they get assigned multiple IP addresses, that’s the easy way to clear them if you have easy access to your router.

Same here

This Sonos app software (for Beam Gen 2) is total garbage. Typical of companies that try to save $$ money by  not testing their applications, leaving it to users to report the bugs.

Fails to find Beam speaker

Fails to permit factory reset 

Fails to acknowledge Beam on the network (there’s only 1 network) 

Totally useless ‘help’ and troubleshooting. 

Most informative message is “Something went wrong” 

Total garbage. 

We now have a very expensive paper weight. 

I have placed this report on Facebook and a few other sites, as well as YT reviews. It’s important more people don’t get duped by this sub-standard product, sub-standard company. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.