Skip to main content

I have set up a new WD My Cloud Home Nas drive which is where all my music is stored.   I use MediaMonley to sync all my music and the Music is found fine on the My Cloud Home Music service I added to Sonos.  The problem  is there is No Playlist folder, I have M3U playlists but they don’t appear, in fact there is no folder.     

This renders the drive useless to me and it was recommended for use with Sonos.  If you select to show  UPNP drives the mediamonkey music library appears fine, but you can only select and play individual tracks whether they are in an album or playlist - so that doesn’t work either!  If you want to avoid paying Amazon or google monthly subscriptions its all stacked against you!  I wanted to know if anyone has a solution or if it would work if I changed the WD My CLoud Home for a different Nas drive?

M3U playlists within the indexed share should show up. Make sure they’re plain M3U, not Extended.

Hi Ratty, thanks for the prompt reply.  Im not very tech savvy so im trying to understand whether what i want to do is  possible and a case of me doing something wrong.  They are definately M3u, not extended.  I dont know what you mean by indexed share.   

Option 1, is you add ‘MyCLoudHome’ as a music source, there is an option to do it in Sonos.  But No Playlist folder appears.  

Option 2.  you select to show  UPNP drives , this then shows my library on the NAS drive fine, but you can only select and play individual tracks whether they are in an album or playlist - so that doesn’t work either.  I htink someone said on the forum that SOnos doesnt really support UPNP.

Option 3.  I try and add the Nas drive as a music source but access is denied.

I started chat with sonos they said phone us, i phoned them and they diodnt know then cut me off.

A network share is what Sonos will be attempting to access. It will index the files it finds there.

When you go into Settings/System/Music Library/Music Library Setup the currently added share(s) will be listed. Something like //devicename/folder. Hitting “Add Shared Music Folder” or “Add” would ask you for a new path in a similar format (the direction of the slashes -- / or \ -- is immaterial). Which share(s) is/are currently listed?

By the way, any M3U should show up in Browse/Music Library/Imported Playlists, as well as being locatable by directory using the Folders view.

Hi Ratty. This ios the option 3 you are referring to.  I try and add a Netwrk share, specifically a NAS drive.  It does have ana ddress as you say…..\\DESKTOP-……….\My Cloud_……………...etc. I enter username and password and thats all fine.  Then it says access denied

I don’t know why it would start with \\DESKTOP-… That sounds like you’re attempting to add something on your computer. I would expect your NAS to have a path starting with \\MyCloudHome or something similar.

I understand, but it seems to be how MyCLoudHome works.  It is the Z drive under MY PC in the tree.  And that is the address.

It is the Z drive under MY PC in the tree.  And that is the address.

Mapped network drive letters mean nothing outside Windows. You’d need to find out what the NAS nework devicename is. You might find it listed user SMB, CIFS or Samba in the NAS config. That’s where you’d configure the folders that would be shared onto the network. Note that Sonos requires SMB/CIFS v1 to work; many NASes won’t enable this by default.