Skip to main content

The recent update to the app to allow long awaited access to my music stored on the nas drive doesn’t work…  WILL NOT ACCEPT login details 

I know the drive is working because I can connect with a pc and Mac 

please get this sorted as it’s sooooo frustrating … why release the update on this function before testing it correctly ???????

Sonos has changed the way that their new app accesses audio from shared libraries on the local network. The previous S2 App supported SMBv1 and HTTP protocols for file sharing, but these have known vulnerabilities and are no longer used by Microsoft, Google, Apple, Amazon etc. and all has now shifted to using SMBv2 (or higher) file sharing.  You may need to upgrade your shares… see these links depending on how you share your library tracks…

For MacOS users, see this thread.

For Windows users, see this thread.

Sonos sent out notices both in the S2 app, and in email, about these changes. They also updated the FAQ to reflect the update. While they have stated that the local library system continues to be worked on, I do not expect them to resume use of http or SMB v1, so if your computer uses them, I’d recommend re-adding your share, as is indicated in the controller, where it says ‘We’ve made security changes to supported libraries. You may need to re-add your library”.

If you’re having trouble finding this area in your controller, open the S2 controller, click on the gear icon at the upper right of the screen, then the word ‘Manage’ under it. Next, click on ‘Music Library’, and the page to enter/modify your local library will come up.

If you continue to have issues, I would recommend that you call Sonos Support to discuss it.