Skip to main content

Customer of 18 YEARS +.    First time I wanted to kick this system out of my house.   Nothing to do with the HARDWARE.    Nope.    All because of the latest CRAP Software update the Sonos Software Morons have rolled out  (BTW  I am a programmer -  industrial guided vehicles - I could have harmed people ! )

I now have a system that switches itself on at times I set with ALARM FUNCTION in the Old OS.  I cannot turn them off.   I have to UNPLUG all the speakers every time we leave the house for more than a day.      And dont get me started on WiFi connection to the APP  (NOT the Sonos Speakers - that network is rock solid on my BT Fibre fed Router) .   But try to get the APP to connect on a 2 year old Android OS based mobile is a JOKE.   “Your System is not on this Network”   Tell that to the speakers that I can’t now turn off to watch the TV.      Sonos - Your last Software Update to S2 forced me to upgrade my PORT device at cost of £300.     This latest Update ( known as “Piece of Sh1T )  may well force me tor replace the whole system with Google Nest or similar.   Never forget SONOS in the 21st Century OTHER PRODUCTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.   Unlike the days when you had a monopoly.

Would I recommend Sonos to friends ?    Up to 2024 -  Without Hesitation -  NOW “DONT TOUCH IT”

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Customer of 18 YEARS +.    First time I wanted to kick this system out of my house.   Nothing to do with the HARDWARE.    Nope.    All because of the latest CRAP Software update the Sonos Software Morons have rolled out  (BTW  I am a programmer -  industrial guided vehicles - I could have harmed people ! )

I now have a system that switches itself on at times I set with ALARM FUNCTION in the Old OS.  I cannot turn them off.   I have to UNPLUG all the speakers every time we leave the house for more than a day.      And dont get me started on WiFi connection to the APP  (NOT the Sonos Speakers - that network is rock solid on my BT Fibre fed Router) .   But try to get the APP to connect on a 2 year old Android OS based mobile is a JOKE.   “Your System is not on this Network”   Tell that to the speakers that I can’t now turn off to watch the TV.      Sonos - Your last Software Update to S2 forced me to upgrade my PORT device at cost of £300.     This latest Update ( known as “Piece of Sh1T )  may well force me tor replace the whole system with Google Nest or similar.   Never forget SONOS in the 21st Century OTHER PRODUCTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.   Unlike the days when you had a monopoly.

Would I recommend Sonos to friends ?    Up to 2024 -  Without Hesitation -  NOW “DONT TOUCH IT”

Google Nests won't compare in sound quality. 

Notice: Solicitation is not permitted on the Sonos Community. If you want to sell/buy speakers second-hand, go to eBay (or similar).

Sensible answer from ‘Greenland’  about Goole Nests.

Corry P -  Sonos Staff has obviously no sense of humour with my original title.  A useless response much like the current Sonos App.   Maybe spend more time considering customer complaints.

Hi @Jim_Messenger_For_A_2nd_Time 

I was fine with it until people started asking where you were located (those posts have been removed, so you won’t see them) so they could buy them.