Question

How to solve the Error 913 (Music Library) on a Mac

Show first post

132 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is so pathetic. None of these replies got what they wanted. Just endless work arounds, which never really work. Fkg pathetic. Sell all your overpriced gear and move on already. 😳

Thank you so much Salami Slices for posting this, it worked for me and I now have my music back! I had to also add my music folder and the folder above with playlists to get those back too. 

Cheers

This is great, thanks.🤛

One tip the local host name cannot be more than 16 characters. You can edit the local host name in Settings/General/Sharing and at the bottom of the tab the Local Host Name is shown like “JimJimmy’s-Mac-Book-Pro” - use the edit option and just change to in this example “Jim’s-MBP”.

Thank you!!!! 

I tried similar suggestions before.. the key step (and what I was missing) is not the host name (comp name) it was my user name !! I got it wrong every time until I watched this video!!

Thank you again!!

Now SONOS: every time I get the “update available” message, now I fear something will go wrong.. and it usually does!!!

Thank you for this. I cannot believe how painful this update experience has been, and despite any further fixes from Sonos, I don’t think I can ever trust their update process going forwards. It’s a textbook example of how not to update your software, nor how to treat your customers...

Finally. This worked. I did need to allow Network Sharing for the Guest user under Users and Groups. Then just clicked through on the username/password page leaving blank. The indexing process inexplicably stopped the first time. But restarting the app and trying again it finally worked. Playlists came back too.

Thanks to the guy that figured this out.

Okay, so call me crazy, or as Einstein said, insane, for trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results... 

However, the last time I tried it with FILE SHARING TURNED OFF and my MacBook pro (sonoma 14.5) froze for some reason causing me to restart. First thing after restart, I turned FILE SHARING ON and tried the above steps again and instantly got an “indexing library” Sonos message and now all is functional including folders with playable files!  One out of about 25 playlists is empty but I’ll try rebuilding it.

My guess is the restart with file sharing turned off updated something. I’ll let you know if this stays cool.

Thanks for the initial instructions, Salami Slices!