Skip to main content
Answered

How do you set up queues in the new sonos app.

• 26 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi How do I create a song queue in the new sonos app?  Am I doing something wrong .  I used to pass the phone around at gatherings and everyone used to add songs to the queue.   Or I’d find an artist and play the top tracks list.   Have both of these features vanished, these were my main ways of listening , or am I doing something wrong? 
If these features have vanished is there any work around or third party controllers so I don’t have to use the sonos app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately this feature wasn’t included on the new app, but Sonos plans to bring it back in “early June”.

Userlevel 1

It is complete and total nonsense that this feature wasn’t included in the new app. What’s the point of the new app?  You play music from your phone, update the play list. Why would you change? It’s very simple. The old app worked fine. 

Userlevel 1

How short sighted of Sonos to create the app without the queue facility! The sooner it returns the better.

Userlevel 2

What idiot f***ing product manager decided this was the minimum viable product? I would much rather have kept the version that actually has complete functionality than be forced to “upgrade” to an early access level product that suddenly lacks functionality that I use all the time!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

What idiot fucking product manager decided this was the minimum viable product? I would much rather have kept the version that actually has complete functionality than be forced to “upgrade” to an early access level product that suddenly lacks functionality that I use all the time!

Amen! F…k

Not sure if anything changed since these replies but if you hold your finger on the album you get the option to add to queue