Skip to main content
Question

How do you clear the queue on the new App

How on Earth do you clear music on this new App

Where has the clear Queue function gone

i can’t stop music from playing 😡

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

The app was released with some important functions missing, that much is obvious.  Sonos has stated that queue functions will be fixed in early June.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The app was released with some important functions missing, that much is obvious.  Sonos has stated that queue functions will be fixed in early June.

Thank you, but how do you stop an album from playing ?

Thank you, but how do you stop an album from playing ?

Tap on Stop in the room where the track is playing.  To switch rooms, swipe up from the room at the bottom of the screen, and choose your room by tapping.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

So it just stops the play, I can see that thanks but how do you clear the album from showing at the bottom of the app?

So it just stops the play, I can see that thanks but how do you clear the album from showing at the bottom of the app?

If you are looking to clear the queue entirely, you can’t.  That function is currently missing.  

Badge +1

Work around: 

Open Sonos app on a computer (I have a MacBook). Clear queue. The iPhone app queue will then be cleared as well. 

Better than nothing. At least it can be cleared. 

Userlevel 1

The new app stinks. I have a queue that has glitched and now I can’t clear it or play any music at all now. 😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Queue management should be in the next fix. They said early June.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Will deleting and reinstalling the app clear the queue? 

Will deleting and reinstalling the app clear the queue? 

No, the queue resides on the players.  You can clear the queue from the PC/Mac controller.

Badge

I’m glad I’m not the only one noticing this glitch.  I thought I was going crazy.  The old app worked just fine.  I’m fairly techie and yet it wasn’t very clear how to use this until playing around with it for a WHILE.  I guess I’ll get used to the new app, but not very intuitive.  The fact you can’t clear a queue is a massive misstep.  How on earth could this have been missed in testing (were there enough eyes on this during testing?)?  Glad the desktop app hasn’t been “improved.” 😂

I’m glad I’m not the only one noticing this glitch.  I thought I was going crazy.  The old app worked just fine.  I’m fairly techie and yet it wasn’t very clear how to use this until playing around with it for a WHILE.  I guess I’ll get used to the new app, but not very intuitive.  The fact you can’t clear a queue is a massive misstep.  How on earth could this have been missed in testing (were there enough eyes on this during testing?)?  Glad the desktop app hasn’t been “improved.” 😂

Don’t blame the testing.  Obviously it was rushed in order to launch the headphones before the fiscal end of year.  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

This “CLEAR” issue has not been resolved? It’s driving me nuts. Two nights ago my systems starts playing music at 2am and I am scrambling to turn it off before waking the house. Then I check the queue and there are 299 songs in it. Now I basically can not use the queue at all. Is this some master plan to get me to only use Sonos radio channels. wtf

The new app stinks. I have a queue that has glitched and now I can’t clear it or play any music at all now. 😡

The new app stinks as well as the updates to the program.  Really hoping they fix all of the issues.

I did get my queue cleared. As suggested by another I had to install the sonos app on my laptop and there they have the "clear queue" option. I think I've had sonos for 15yrs? And I have only used the app on my phone and that's how I can manipulate music in and outside my house. Blows my mind what an absolute ef up this last app release was. Pissed me off so much I started thinking about another product. 

This app is the worst app in the App Store. It is utter rubbish. Which ux expert put this together? It is totally unintuitive. 

And why is the queue populated without my consent? If I want to play just one track from a CD I have ripped, Sonos does not approve, but thinks I want to play the whole CD! STUPID upgrade

And why is the queue populated without my consent? If I want to play just one track from a CD I have ripped, Sonos does not approve, but thinks I want to play the whole CD! STUPID upgrade

I can play a one track very easily.  Click on the (...) in the track listing, choose a play method (Play Now, Play Next, Add to End of Queue, Replace Queue - Note: Methods depend on Queue state) and the single track plays. 

LMAO. Yes the first time I added a single track from my saved music it added everything, hundreds. 

At first when I couldn't clear I couldn't use that queue at all. 

I did load the app on my laptop and "clear queue" is there. This work around worked but still BS. 

What I find funny and disturbing is Sonos has not commented on this topic at all. 

Oh but they commented on and added back in the "#" for the volume.  

Maybe by forcing users to have multiple apps loaded they can lie to investors and say look how many users we have. 

LMAO. Yes the first time I added a single track from my saved music it added everything, hundreds. 

I did load the app on my laptop and "clear queue" is there. This work around worked but still BS. 

What I find funny and disturbing is Sonos has not commented on this topic at all. 

Maybe by forcing users to have multiple apps loaded they can lie to investors and say look how many users we have. 

No need to clear the queue - just replace it with whatever. There are third party Apps (at least fir iOS controllers) that can clear any/every or just so e chosen room queues, manually or to a schedule, just search the community here if you need that functionality, although just replacing s queue is just as simple and effective in the App. I have had no issues replacing 25000+ tracks in a queue, it’s almost instant to do that action.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

No need to clear the queue - just replace it with whatever. There are third party Apps (at least fir iOS controllers) that can clear any/every or just so e chosen room queues, manually or to a schedule, just search the community here if you need that functionality, although just replacing s queue is just as simple and effective in the App. I have had no issues replacing 25000+ tracks in a queue, it’s almost instant to do that action.

Is that for a local library playlist? 

At least for me on Amazon Music the Replace Queue and Play Now put only the first 100 tracks to the queue. Play Next and Add to End of Queue put all from the playlist (largest I have is about 400 tracks). Are there different implementations depending on the music service?

Tested with latest iPad app and Android app. 

Is that for a local library playlist? 

At least for me on Amazon Music the Replace Queue and Play Now put only the first 100 tracks to the queue. Play Next and Add to End of Queue put all from the playlist (largest I have is about 400 tracks). Are there different implementations depending on the music service?

Tested with latest iPad app and Android app. 

Any playlist as far as I’m aware? I have no issues replacing a queue with a library playlist - I use .m3u playlists in my own case. Some are around 400 tracks too IIRC 

An example is attached - is that what you’re referring to?

@kpr 
One of my local library playlists here is an "All NAS library” playlist that has 25,697 tracks and that just takes a few seconds, but it will happily load to, or replace, any Sonos Room queue. I’ve just tested that a few moments ago - see attached.

It’s the reason I choose to use my own .m3u playlists, rather than .xml, as they cater for most things on Sonos, that’s both before and since the new Sonos App was introduced in May. They load so much more quickly to a room queue.

My problem is with SONOS filling up the queue with the rest of the tracks from the ripped CD. If I clear the  queue while the chosen track is playing, the playing stops! i.e. the clearing also clears the current track. It is almost as stupid as Spotify which when I ask it to play e.g. a symphony starting with the 1st movement, it replaces the second movement with something else it thinks I would rather listen to (I’m on PC/Win11)

My problem is with SONOS filling up the queue with the rest of the tracks from the ripped CD. If I clear the  queue while the chosen track is playing, the playing stops! i.e. the clearing also clears the current track. It is almost as stupid as Spotify which when I ask it to play e.g. a symphony starting with the 1st movement, it replaces the second movement with something else it thinks I would rather listen to (I’m on PC/Win11)

Maybe don’t replace the queue then, just use the ‘Play Next’, or ‘Add to end of queue’ option instead.