Question

How do I remove disabled items from Sonos Favorites in the new Android app?

Userlevel 1

After updating to the new Sonos app on Android (replacing the Sonos S2 App), I noticed that several of my Sonos Favorites are greyed out and cannot be selected.

I suspect that some of them were radio stations from the old TuneIn service - which doesn't appear in the new Sonos app anymore.

So, how do I remove those old favorites now?

Typically, I'd have to find the item under the specific service and "un-favorite" the item there, correct? (E.g. search for the radio station in the old TuneIn service and deselect it there... But since the service isn't available anymore, I can't.)

10 replies

Hi - have exactly same problem that also think relates to old Tunein. Look forward to response.

Same here.  Not impressed with latest update so far

The last two app updates have created such a mess. Seems like the updates are being pushed out with no QC. Besides the issues per topic of this thread, the app now has to be relaunched multiple times even to detect my existing setup, let alone the need for power cycling the speakers. Very disappointed with the quality of these recent app updates.

Same for me. It looks so ugly with all these greyed out radio stations and albums. 

here to share the same frustration 

grayed out items with no ability to remove them from the lists

even more frustating is no all-inclusive instructions on new version of app

excellent speakers, not cheap,  very bad service

a quick update on the topic of editing , removing, items from favourites 

* no option on phone app

* must install app on a computer to do edits which will be replicated on phone app

Same here… Sonos software is absolute GARBAGE!!! Also all the album artwork has disappeared for content in my download library. Really SONOS your software is ridiculously BAD

I can't do anything else but agree! 

My "changelog" experience for this recent Sonos update:

-Reduced responsiveness on Android devices (on a Pixel 6 Pro running latest Android OS)

-Sometimes it doesn't detect Sonos system when app is called. Workaround: force close app and relaunch app (something that is not obvious for everyone - common sense is not something obvious).

-Greyed out radio stations. These very nice radio icons apparently will entertain your app experience by doing literally nothing.

Please Sonos fix this version, the previous app was better, at least for me. Common sense, please test software, that's what a QC department should do.

Cheers.

Userlevel 2

The main reason I sticked to the Sonos ecosystem was the app. Now that they've ruined it I'm might as well look for other, better sounding, kit