Skip to main content
Answered

android app

• 15 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, I am considering changing from iPhone to Samsung and want to know if people are having issues still with the app on android? I occasionally use airplay because the iOS app sometimes fails

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You’re surely not considering changing phones because of the current app issues..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi, I am considering changing from iPhone to Samsung and want to know if people are having issues still with the app on android? I occasionally use airplay because the iOS app sometimes fails

Hi @Daz111, there’s good news and there’s bad news. The bad news: the new Android app has more issues than the new iOS app, and that is saying something. The good news: sideloading the v16.1 Android app is straightforward and that version Just Works™.

If you told me your choice of phone was a 50-50 coin flip, I’d say right now Android delivers a better Sonos experience thanks to the v16.1 app. If you told me you were absolutely committed to using the new app, I’d say iOS delivers a better experience. Hope that makes sense.

Hi and thank you for your help with the subject matter, you have made my mind up to stick with iOS, I use AirPlay if I have problems with the app . I wouldn’t be able to do this on android. I totally get where you’re coming from and really appreciate it. Having recently bought the arc , era 300 and 2 x era 100 I don’t want to lose functionality after spending my hard earned cash 😂

You’re surely not considering changing phones because of the current app issues..?

Not at all, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Breaking news update, @Daz111. This morning’s v16.3 firmware update blocks the Android v16.1 app, rendering it completely unusable. So that fabulous get-out-of-jail card is now off the table.

I was just going to purchase the Samsung galaxy z fold 6 mate. But no chance now I’ve seen your message. Thank you as that would have absolutely done my box in . 🤦🏻‍♂️👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dont. SONOS blows. they ruined the system with their idiot updates that dont work and virtually killed using android. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Strange. It works perfectly well on my Samsung tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e)... 

Userlevel 4

it is a total disaster on my Sony experia. Just go to the Google play store, I reckon if you could give the app a negative star rating it'd be at the bottom of the list. How to trash a once greatest product, well done Sonos, your arrogance will be the end of your brand.