Answered

after update 80.00.20 all devices not available

Userlevel 2

After Update 80.00.20 all devices are Not available.With the old 16er Version everything was Fine.

S2 with sub,Playbar,play3 and move.

the devices are available in my Spotify App.

In Sonos s1app are the devices viewable ….  

IOS iPhone 15max pro

icon

Best answer by esieens 7 May 2024, 23:17

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. 
Updated one iPhone with the new app. No speakers are found. 
another iPhone with the old app is working fine. 

Userlevel 1

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it makes no difference. It says initially it found my system but then no speaker shows. 

Seems more like a network issue, rather than an app issue. Try wiring a single Sonos device to your router if you can. Or unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up all the way before plugging back in your Sonos. 

If neither of those suggestions help, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic if you can, and call Sonos Support to discuss the issue your system is experiencing.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Badge

Reporting same issue here. Was using previous version of the app. My iPhone asked me to update to the latest version. After updating the app, all my speakers disappeared. (Speakers are still visible on my wife’s phone on the previous app)

Userlevel 1

Exactly the same issue for me. Updated to the new Sonos App and now, no speakers can be found, but all are still working and accessible on my IPad using the old App. How can anyone say that this is a “network issue” when the only thing that has actually changed was updating the Sonos App on my iPhone??? Please explain. 

*FIXED SPEAKER ISSUES WITH 80.00.20*

I experienced the same issues as reported by others where all of my Sonos speakers were no longer accessible via the Sonos app. I was forced to update the firmware to 80.00.20 and I kept getting a message that i needed to update my speakers. But the update process failed when I was using my iPhone.

I ended up downloading the Sonos app to my MacBook and I was also prompted to update the products when i launched the app. The updates actually completed and then i was able to see my speakers again in the iPhone app and desktop.

Hope this works for others.

Badge

My issue (on 80.00.04) is that the Roam, if powered off, does not appear - but in previous app versions it did.  It meant I was reminded to go and turn the Roam on.

Userlevel 1

Thanks ssw1234, but the sonos app on my MacBook was already up-to-date and says there is no update available for my speakers. :( 

Same here, I tried to use my MacBook sonos app but it gave me same message “ no update required “ and all of my speakers and boost now showing up.

ill try to do the hardware one of my speakers and see if this will help! 

Userlevel 1

Absolute shambles.....can't access anything on Amazon Prime or MyRadio and can't add TuneIn. They better back out thus upgrade ASAP!

Userlevel 2

Try to Update with my IMac….found Sonos and then

the Connect failed….new install Sonos on

mac nur Same problem

i feel Like a Beta tester

Shame on QM Sonos 

*FIXED SPEAKER ISSUES WITH 80.00.20*

I experienced the same issues as reported by others where all of my Sonos speakers were no longer accessible via the Sonos app. I was forced to update the firmware to 80.00.20 and I kept getting a message that i needed to update my speakers. But the update process failed when I was using my iPhone.

I ended up downloading the Sonos app to my MacBook and I was also prompted to update the products when i launched the app. The updates actually completed and then i was able to see my speakers again in the iPhone app and desktop.

Hope this works for others.

Update

I only did the update after my Sonos system was no longer able to connect to my Sony A8 TV with Apple TV 4K. I tried resetting my Apple TV, unplugging my Beam that is connected to my TV, unplugging Apple TV and nothing worked. I also deleted the Sonos app from my iPhone and re-installed both the Sonos 1 (original) and Sonos (updated) app from the Apple store. 

Prior to this, I only had the Sonos App installed on my iPhone. I tried to do the ‘required’ updates from my iPhone and it kept failing. So I downloaded the Sonos app onto my MacBook, which is how i was able to update my system.

For those who have tried this, I would also try installing the Sonos app onto a new device if possible. 

Luckily I did not have to reset any of the Sonos speakers to get it working again.

Same Problem here… 😔

The last update is absolute rubbish.

After updating, the app lost all connection to my devices.

Sometimes, after opening the app more than 30 times, the devices show up.

When there are no devices, I can open my music-library from my server shared files. But when devices are connected, my music labrary is gone.

The old S2 app on another device, still works and is showing devices, without problems.

Come on Sonos, get your s*** together.

As a long time fan of your system, I am extremely disappointed!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I habe the same Issum.

I'm using the app on Android therefore I cannot try the suggested workaround on Apple Devices.

Dies anyone habe a solution for this Problem on Android devichs?

Same issue with no system components showing available or configured after update.. running latest Android version..

Have found that if I connect via Bluetooth to a single roam speaker I then have access to every system component

Still very buggy when joining rooms and moving through the app. Does not appear to have been properly better with basic testing methods.. 

Sonos should allow rollback install of previous versions until they get this corrected. The longer they take to step up admit mistake and go back to working the issue the bigger the issue will become... 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just unplugged all speakers and router. Updated new app that just came out. Rebooted everything, Sonos updated all the speakers. Now it finds all speakers still won’t play all rooms at once. It lags forever every time you do any kind of change like a room, a song, volume. Sonos you have dropped the ball big time with this app. I’m so frustrated and pissed having all these speakers that all the sudden don’t work right anymore because of you. Bring the old app back!!!

same. absolute crapshow

Same issue. I downloaded the app on my Mac and MyPC and they work great.  Unfortunately, didn’t fix the garbage IPhone update.

Userlevel 1

Very Frustrating..

Can not get a new system for a customer working …

Maybe I'll just pull everything out and sell them something more reliable ..

Tried also.to contact support ,yesterday the wait time was 85min today it 145min .This is ridiculous ,I've spent 3hrs.ysterday and 3hrs today ..I have never had issues like.this with sonos before ..

The Sonos engineers should be shameful.…

Having exactly the same issues

Update: I got it to work here is what I did.

Downloaded SONOS Windows application, selected “Join existing Installaton”, waited for update to Install. Done. iOS app works again.

Same problem . Had to update my windows system as well as my android devices before it worked . Annoying as it took some time before my slow brain to work out why !

Same problems here - after system upgrade Sonos devices had all disappeared. Spent four hours in the phone with a technician. Managed to somehow restore the network however it dies not work reliably and we also lost all playlists.

The malfunctioning system is an endless source of frustration - pathetic for a company like Sonos, especially as nothing seems to be done about it.

Mine worked after doing what Marco_Momsen reported:

Update: I got it to work here is what I did.

Downloaded SONOS Windows application, selected “Join existing Installaton”, waited for update to Install. Done. iOS app works again.