What's with Apple Music via Sonos app?

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

New to Sonos with a single Sonos One. I notice when I search on my Sonos app that I do not get the same search results that I do when I search directly on the Apple Music app. I see a lot more results for my search on Apple than on Sonos. 

If this is a long term issue, I guess my options are to switch to Amazon Music HD. How are the search results there via the Sonos App?

Or, I can return the Sonos One to BestBuy and switch to an Apple HomePod or more likely HomePod Mini. This is for a bedroom. I don’t really need loud high resolution audio.

Which leads me to ask, is Amazon Music HD overkill for Sonos? I haven’t seen any sign that Sonos handles high resolution audio.

I’m also considering a Sonos Arc, but my questions about that is for a separate post.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @artshotwell, welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. We received reports for the same concern and I’d like to share this community thread for your reference. If you need further assistance, I would like to recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please let us know how it goes with our technical support team. We are always here to help.