The New Sonos App and Future Feature Updates

Show first post

1622 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Improved Trueplay setup on iOS”?
I don’t see a difference.

I am still unable to trueplay tune my Playbase with my iPad 9.Gen
No improvement here. Tuning my Five, Sub Mini, and Play:1s still works. Just not the Playbase, like before

App still does not offer the “Sit where you watch step” for soundbars, but starts right with the “moving around part” of normal single speaker.
That part stalls the whole App when I press “Begin Tuning”

Is there hope for the iPAD with the Playbase? Will there be a working trueplay tuning anytime (soon)?
I not, Sonos please sent me an iPhone 12 Mini. Because it works with this device. I am just tired of borrowing it all the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No improvement here. Tuning my Five, Sub Mini, and Play:1s still works. Just not the Playbase, like before

App still does not offer the “Sit where you watch step” for soundbars, but starts right with the “moving around part” of normal single speaker.

Is there hope for the iPAD with the Playbase? Will there be a working trueplay tuning anytime (soon)?
I not, Sonos please sent me an iPhone 12 Mini. Because it works with this device. I am just tired of borrowing it all the time.

Did you run the firmware update (System / Manage / System Updates / Check for Updates) after installing the latest version of the app?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

can anyone confirm that play next actually works ?

scenario tested …

1. play one album from ones musc library (not a service) , queue is created containg all songs
  1. select one song from a different album in music library , and select play next

doesnt appear in the queue at all ??????

HOWEVER

if a single song from a service is selected for play next , it does appear as the next song in the queue

sureley such a simple test was compelted before releasing this !!!!!!

ps , to achieve this test , i had to endure lots of grey scanning icons, no album art in the queue , and several “something went wrong messages”

when when when , will they bring back the down grade to s1 , so i can completely ignore this apalling app

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Just updated to 80.02.04. Says improvement for local library. Well, in the previous version it was visible, it didn’t work (of course), but it least it was showing. 
Now it is totally gone. The only source there is, is TV and totally useless. Lucky that I still have my 12 year old iPad mini which can’t be updated but still working fine 😌

Userlevel 1
Badge

this just gets worse

it appears , it does actually play next fwhem selecting a song from the music library ,

BUT ……   it doesnt actually insert it into the queue , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so if you look at the queue you just see the original album that was selcted  , and when this “next song “ was added  the app jsut shows the songs from the original album seleted playing , so basically it is playing the wrong song according to the screen

this is obviously someone who really doesnt know what they are doing , just firefighting and pushing out code that clearly is not fully tested

Userlevel 1
Badge

and finally

open the sonosphone app , and the queue appears correctly , with the inserted “play next” songs in the correct place in the queue

WOW ,  speechless !

Unable to add iTunes music library on my OS and iOS devices since latest upgrade. Sonos 2 Error code is 913, and OS is 14.5 running on MacBook Pro.  Have spent one hour on hold with phone tech support and was told no live agent available on web site Chat.  So I’ve got a sound system I have spent thousands of dollars acquiring that is essentially a brick…...and there is no available support.  Absurd.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Can’t search for music in the app!! And it haven’t worked since the new app. I’m Using YouSee musik

I’m sure you will have but have you updated the app to today’s latest version?

Yes, no change!!!!

Yes, and no noticeable change for me either. 

You should give it a try now.

I've just checked and it seems to be working now. 😉🇩🇰

Userlevel 2
Badge

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

Last updated: Jun 4, 2024. See release notes.

• Improved playback settings including “Play next,” “add to end of queue,” and on iOS, the mute button
  • Improved product setup, Bluetooth discovery and WiFi settings
  • Added sleep timer settings
  • Improved Trueplay setup on iOS
  • Introduced distance settings for home theater surrounds
  • Improved navigation for users who are blind or visually-impaired 
  • Added VoiceOver support for toast messages on iOS

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Playback controls including mute and volume numbers: June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Improved playback settings including Play Now: July
  • Create and edit local music library: July
  • Improved Autoplay settings: July
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July
  • Snooze alarms: TBD

Known issues and workarounds

"Sign in as the System Owner" error while updating products during setup

• Workaround: No workaround currently available.

Our latest update resolves some of the most critical known issues, but know we have more to do. We hear your feedback and are working hard to deliver the experience you expect and deserve.

Please…. go back to what we had. My system is virtually useless - I can get none of my favourite radio stations - which I listened to all the time. All I’ve got now is Spotify and BBC Sounds (and be thankful for small mercies there, as I don’t usually listen to them apart from news first thing in the morning). I have a controller on Windows 10 and an Android, my speakers are one (gen one) and five (gen two) so I can’t even use the old S1 controller (or so your download said). I despair. 

Essex Girl.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Just a small point. "Coming soon" in Sonos update posts about the app should read "Coming back soon".

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Mid June has now morphed to June aka end of June most likely; and July aka end of July. The car crash has turned into a multi-vehicle pile up.

New product launch that doesn’t work; are you Amazon in disguise?

This has become a disgraceful shambles. What fool let this be released. The harm done to brand and customer confidence may be irreparably harmed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

• Improved playback settings including “Play next,” “add to end of queue,” and on iOS, the mute button

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June

Our latest update resolves some of the most critical known issues, but know we have more to do. We hear your feedback and are working hard to deliver the experience you expect and deserve.

Available now

Coming soon

When are we going to get the ability to edit the queue by dragging songs up and down?

In the Windows app under Manage, can I select Update Music Library Now?  I’m reluctant since now you are pushing back the most important feature for me, which is creating and editing local music library. I just purchased a couple of songs on iTunes and want to be able the play them on my Sonos System. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

its good to see Play Next and Add to End of Queue Added in the latest update.  I believe “Play Now” is coming soon as well but are you bringing back a way to remove items from a queue, clearing the entire queuei, saving the queue as a playlist and rearranging the queue, preferably via drag and drop as you could in the old app.  Other than the two functions to build the queue I can’t actually manage the queue once an item is in the queue (even trying to use the play next function on an item in the queue, to move it, its not an option on things already in the queue, only when adding new items.

All very well, @buddyrich33 but, on my Android app running V80.02.05 of June3rd trying to add either an Album or a Song to a queue by choosing to “Play Next” or “Add to End of Queue” just generates a “Something Went Wrong” message.

“Replace Queue” works a treat though.

Userlevel 1

Need the downgrade from S2 to S1 capability back so we can use products on S1 system

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Need the downgrade from S2 to S1 capability back so we can use products on S1 system

Just checking - did you update to the latest app version yesterday (and run the system firmware update) which provided better support for older components?

Userlevel 1

I was hoping today’s update would return some of the queue functionality - not just play next etc. but the ability to remove and reorder songs. I use this daily, and it’s been missing since the new app landed. When will it return, as it’s unclear from the release notes?

No workarounds for the Sonos App request to (sign in as the owner?)

How the heck are Owners supposed to add new speakers to their current system? 

Logging off and on doesn’t solve a thing. 

This is not the way to run a business. 

Please Fix the Issues or Sell the Company to someone that knows how!😤

Userlevel 1

Yes, app is updated. I purchased a used Play 1 that was previously setup on S2 and I cannot add it to my S1 system.  I performed the factory reset as well. How do you “run the system firmware update”?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Sonos support says:

Sonos app version 80.0
The ability to downgrade a Sonos product to S1 is temporarily unavailable, but will return in a future update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Available now

Coming soon

Available now

Coming soon

When are we going to get the ability to edit the queue by dragging songs up and down?

In the Windows app under Manage, can I select Update Music Library Now?  I’m reluctant since now you are pushing back the most important features for me, which is creating and editing local music library. I just purchased a couple of songs on iTunes and want to be able the play them on my Sonos System. 

Just updated to today’s release. Pleased to see Sleep Timer, waiting to see if it actually works. I can now see our Playlists but they don’t actually work and I still can’t see anyway to actually connect to and see my local media. 

The main reasons I switched from Pioneer to a 7 speaker Sonos set up in the first place were the ease of use and local media support!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I was hoping today’s update would return some of the queue functionality - not just play next etc. but the ability to remove and reorder songs. I use this daily, and it’s been missing since the new app landed. When will it return, as it’s unclear from the release notes?

I think they pushed that back to July now. I don’t like that. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m in exactly the same situation with play base and iPad Pro (12.9 inch 1st gen). Wont proceed past “begin tuning” and yes, I’m on the latest version of sonos app. 80.02.04.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Trouble shooting advice:

Disable 5ghz in your router settings.

In my case, it resolved the following issues:

App isnt showing speakers, forgets speakers, doesnt allowed you to connect with more than one speaker, having to add and reset speakers over and over again, music dropouts, app unresponsivenesss.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think they pushed that back to July now. I don’t like that. 

Based on what? They never mentioned it on the roadmap. And I don't think they are in quite the position to "underpromise and overdeliver" just yet.