Skip to main content

The volume of my spotify music is fluctuating up and down intermittently on its own.  The volume of my Apple TV is also dong the same thing from time to time.

To my knowledge I do not have any Alexa enabled devices enabled on my system.  I cannot find the cause.

I have a complex whole house system made up of many Sonos components.

Please help, this is very frustrating.  Thank you!

Hi @BJSalamone.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us correctly determine the problem. 

• On which player(s) you are experiencing the issue?
  • Is it happening when doing playback on an individual player or group?
  • Since when you notice the issue started?
  • Was there any change made on your network or on Sonos recently?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices and go from there. It will help to check the player ‘log’ details in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I have experienced it on my new Arc + Apple TV...as well as on my Playbar + Apple TV...as well as on my kitchen ceiling powered speakers powered by Sonos Amp.  If I am not mistaken I have also experienced the issue on my Sonos 1.

Yesterday I switched my spotify music playing on my iPhone to my kitchen sonos speakers and they volume jumped to MAX VOLUME upon switching to the kitchen speakers.  That was a first.  Not to mentioned scared the crap out of my two young children, and I am sure did some damage to the speakers themselves.

Sorry here are the answers to your other questions…

• No new network updates.
  • It has happen in both group play settings as well as individual.
  • I have noticed it for several months now.  Just now getting around to and frustrated enough to explore the answer and find solution.

Hi @BJSalamone.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us correctly determine the problem. 

• On which player(s) you are experiencing the issue?
  • Is it happening when doing playback on an individual player or group?
  • Since when you notice the issue started?
  • Was there any change made on your network or on Sonos recently?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices and go from there. It will help to check the player ‘log’ details in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Annazel, Following up to see if there is any further help you can provide.  Thanks!

Hi there @BJSalamone.

Thanks for your patience in this and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response time.

Is this only happening on Spotify? Have you observed other music services if the issue occurs?

I highly recommend submitting a diagnostic report shortly when it happens so I can check the ‘log’ details and see what might possibly trigger the volume on the speaker, without a diagnostic report we won’t able to review your system and it will be very hard to determine where the problem is coming from.

Upon doing research, I’ve found this relevant thread and I think there’s a lot of helpful information that you can find here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/volume-randomly-increasing-to-max-6824517

Let me know how that goes.