Skip to main content

Spotify not showing in Music Services in Russia

I installed the latest update, but it did not help.

What can I do?

Wait. It usually takes many months for Spotify to enable Sonos support in newly-added geographies. No idea why.

Same question. Cant wait to listen to Spotify on my Sonos devices!

Wait. It usually takes many months for Spotify to enable Sonos support in newly-added geographies. No idea why.

You mean thats Spotify responsibility to add Sonos support?

Spotify has to provide authorization for Sonos to provide access to the Spotify stream in Russia, yes. There are many rules, regulations, and licensing agreements that need to be satisfied first, and Spotify are the ones who deal with all that. Once that’s dealt with, they would tell Sonos ‘ok, turn on the stream in Russia’, and Sonos would do so. 

If you can't wait for the update to enjoy Spotify on Sonos, you can use a music converter for Spotify to help you download Spotify music. Then you sync downloaded Spotify tracks to local music library of your Sonos from the computer.

You can change your account country to the available countries and use a VPN to log in to your account, but this would be tedious cuz everytime you log in you’ll need to have the VPN on. Or you can log in once and *convert Spotify to MP3 to offline. Then you’ll never have to use Spotify again to stream songs.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*