S2 controller app dropping rooms

Show first post

31 replies

I have now joined the ranks of having to reset the system every day so I can watch movies. I’m done with SONOS - Congratulations SONOS - you win.  The system is all sitting in the basement now and replaced by BOSE.  The BOSE System works like the flawless S1 did.

Life is too short for Rip offs like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yet you did not ask for help? 

I’d be happy to pay for shipping of these unused Sonos devices, so that you don’t have to waste space storing them. 

Badge

I have avoided changing to S2 due to all the issues I was seeing, however two weeks ago I added a new speaker that was only compatible with S2.

So I have had no choice but to split my network and leave my older stuff that isn't compatible on the S1 app and the newer stuff on the S2 app.

I bet you don't need them, but I'll give you two guesses which system works and which one is as good as useless!!!

I thought splitting the network and having to use two apps was ridiculous at first, now I'm just glad that at least the S1 stuff works.

I would have hoped after over 2 years this would have been resolved, its a joke considering the costs involved in a system.

I refuse to constantly reboot all my speakers scattered around the whole house and I don't see why I should have to mess around with router settings or even attempt to wire, what was pointed out above, a 'wireless' system. If it all worked on S1 and some still does, working on the same router, with the same settings and same network traffic, surely it is a fundimental S2 issue that requires urgent attention.

The only solution I can see currently is to scrap the new speaker, switch it all back to S1 and not bother with any more Sonos in the future, which would be a real shame as I've loved it up to this point.

So, you’re saying you bought network based devices, but are unwilling to do any work on your network in order to facilitate the devices you purchased to connect to it. 

Kind of like buying a car, but refusing to put tires on it when it is necessary. Not exactly, but close enough. 

You may not care, but for others who are interested, this is most likely either wifi interference of some type, or even a simple duplicate IP address issue, easily solved by going in to your router’s software and setting up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices, all of which work off of your network. 

Badge

Apologies, but that is a nonsensical response in my opinion.

I had written a longer reply, but having now seen your replies on other posts from frustrated people, I just think you are missing the point, simply put it worked on S1, it now doesn't on S2.

However if your advice helps anyone then it's certainly worthwhile, I just don't agree that it should be required.