picture request: lock screen controls when playing via assistance.

• 24 December 2020
  • 1 reply

It took me a long time to figure this out but when music is played on Sonos via a voice assistant command then lock screen controls and notification shade controls on Android don't show up. This happens even if you open the Sonos app and view that room. If you initiate playback selection from the Sonos controller itself it will in fact show up on the lock screen and in a notification shade. it would be great if the lock screen and notification shade controls show up regardless of where the music playback was initiated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @phrough.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for the feedback and feature request. We appreciate it a lot as these type of feature request helps us to know more about how to improve our products. I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,