Question

New App: how do I add songs to a playlist currently playing

Show first post

160 replies

To say I’m not furious is to say the least.  Since this new update I have lost my playlists that have taken months to create.  I have spoken to the guy who installed our sonus system & he has told me to hold fire for a few weeks as he felt that within a short time this issue would be rectified, now almost 3 weeks on & still not appeared. However last weekend two of my playlists appeared then when I clicked to play the message came up with “ unable to play this playlist “ . I can’t imagine who has allowed this to happen . I know I’m not on my own & would be grateful of an explanation. After spending thousands of pounds on a system, come on Sonus get your act together.

Add to playlist seems to be gone in the app update. Shame. Curating those playlists was one of my favorite features. On the bright side - after the last big update, I had two speakers that started cutting in and out constantly. Now they only cut about half the time. I can’t see recommending a Sonos system to anyone else.

Sonos - how can there be such a contrast between your hardware usability design versus software. Acknowledge the flaws of your new software update and fix asap.

Sonos - how can there be such a contrast between your hardware usability design versus software. Acknowledge the flaws of your new software update and fix asap.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Since the change in the Sonos App we find that our Playlists and albums won't load. We have reconnected the router and each time we have to either turn our phone on and off or uninstall the App and then reinstall the App. 

We have a new router and new phone and connected all OK. 

I've tried to contact the contact centre a few times but the waiting times are so long also. 

Any ideas of help from anyone?

Thank you!!!

Spotify playlists (whether in a Spotify subfolder or not) seems to be limited to a total of 50 (yes I did count it) and is based on most recently created nto last used.  As I have 121 lists with some of my more popular ones being the oldest they cant be played from the Sonos app.  I appreciate you can cast them from the Spotify app but you miss out on some of the Sonos functionality and why should I now have to do that when before it was all workable from the previous app. 

Personally I do like the new UI but without some of the basic functions it really isnt good enough, not when people have spend thousands of pounds on their systems.

Userlevel 1

Also found that if you add a new favorite it will delete the oldest of the 50. I actually spoke with a customer service representative and tried to explain that most of my Spotify playlists were not available. Surprisingly she could not understand what I was talking about. She said that if to have more than 700 songs a s play list that it will not let you access it through Sonos. I have some playlists with less than 30 and she just didn’t get it. A lot wasted hour of my life!

Userlevel 1

Naturesveranda wrote:

“Also found that if you add a new favorite it will delete the oldest of the 50. I actually spoke with a customer service representative and tried to explain that most of my Spotify playlists were not available. Surprisingly she could not understand what I was talking about. She said that if to have more than 700 songs a s play list that it will not let you access it through Sonos. I have some playlists with less than 30 and she just didn’t get it. A lot wasted hour of my life!”

Sonos technical support used to be very good, when it was in-house. Now, though, like so many other companies, Sonos outsources their technical support to contract vendors, who apparently get paid by volume (more calls cleared = more $). 

Userlevel 3

Functionality on Sonos. In our past dreams. I can’t even access a radio station of my choice. It keeps asking me to authorise my account over and over again. What really irks me now is that after all these weeks/months management have still not come onto this “community “ board to tell us what they’re doing to fix it. They seem to consider we’re our own troubleshooters. Back in my day a single customer complaint had to be resolved pronto. We’re in the thousands and still nothing. 

Userlevel 1

Who thinks this new Sonos app update was a massive miss!?!!

Slow and laggy!! When we are running group classes it takes up to 10 seconds to pause, turn down or up volume... If you run group classes you know how this is a problem.... Also can't add songs to playlist anymore?? What a pointless update. What was actually "fixed" here??? Very frustrating. Could anyone reccomend a different system entirely!? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I agree. It shows he hasn’t got the faintest idea and angry customers spelling it out hasn’t made the slightest impression. 

The Sonos CEO said 99% of the customers love (his word) the new app.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Since the new app, I can’t add a song to a Sonos or Spotify playlist.  Previously hitting the 3 dots next to the song would give the option to add to a playlist, but this is no longer available.

This is on android

Userlevel 1

I agree. It shows he hasn’t got the faintest idea and angry customers spelling it out hasn’t made the slightest impression. 

I would like to see the data to back up the claim that 99% of the customers love the new app!

How do you make or add songs to your own playlist now? There isn’t the option when you touch the three dots anymore?

also why can’t I play all when I select an artists ‘top songs?’ Do I really have to individually ‘queue’ items to play them?

Userlevel 2

Is this app getting even worse! It’s barely functional now the endless “Something went wrong try again” is beyond a joke.

but yeah 99% of us love the new app apparently. I spend thousands on my set up as I’m sure many have and over the last several weeks I have barely been able to play anything I actually want on it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Anyone else frustrated that the new app does not access your Sonos Playlists?  Has anyone heard when these will be available again?  I tried chat.  They told me to call.  Sat on hold for over 35 minutes.  I need my Sonos Playlist back, please, Please, PLEASE!

Edit: 

I finally talked to someone.  Anthony was very kind and a pleasure to talk to.  He informed me an update is coming on sunday/monday but it was not clear it it will include playlists.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your time Anthony!

Moderator edit: combined posts

Userlevel 2
Badge

There is no longer any playlist functionality.  Early moderator replies said playlist editing would return. But that has fallen off the future action steps list.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

What a bunch of * at Sonos… fix the damn playlist feature! The app is horrible, there was no need to update it with such terrible changes and omissions…. Then CEO is a jackalope if he thinks people love this. Indicative a company in serious decline when they believe their own *…

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Playlists that have taken years to compile have gone 😤🤬🤬🤬🤬

It looks like they’re just hidden away, rather than gone completely.

On the home screen, if you scroll down to Sonos Favourites and click “view all,” the playlists should be there.

It doesn’t sove the problem though of not being able to add songs to Sonos or Spotify Playlists though.

To say I’m not furious is to say the least.  Since this new update I have lost my playlists that have taken months to create.  I have spoken to the guy who installed our sonus system & he has told me to hold fire for a few weeks as he felt that within a short time this issue would be rectified, now almost 3 weeks on & still not appeared. However last weekend two of my playlists appeared then when I clicked to play the message came up with “ unable to play this playlist “ . I can’t imagine who has allowed this to happen . I know I’m not on my own & would be grateful of an explanation. After spending thousands of pounds on a system, come on Sonus get your act together.

It looks like they’re just hidden away, rather than gone completely.

On the home screen, if you scroll down to Sonos Favourites and click “view all,” the playlists should be there.

It doesn’t sove the problem though of not being able to add songs to Sonos or Spotify Playlists though.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to see the data to back up the claim that 99% of the customers love the new app!

The app in the Google Playstore has a 1.4 rating (5 highest) since released with over 180k reviews.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos: please pleeeease could you let us know if and when playlist functionality will return? This is NOT mentioned in the support release above. I have a new songs playlist that I have been adding to for 10 years and I currently have to add them to a note in my iPhone whilst I wait for it to return to Sonos. You appear to be ignoring this thread and have not replied - or as far as I am aware mentioned playlists anywhere else in your response to overwhelming feedback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sonos: please pleeeease could you let us know if and when playlist functionality will return? This is NOT mentioned in the support release above. I have a new songs playlist that I have been adding to for 10 years and I currently have to add them to a note in my iPhone whilst I wait for it to return to Sonos. You appear to be ignoring this thread and have not replied - or as far as I am aware mentioned playlists anywhere else in your response to overwhelming feedback. 

It’s fundamental functionality. Sonos won’t be able to sell speakers without it. It will return. It’ll be bundled into another update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

The new app does not have Sonos playlists.  Cannot access existing ones or create new ones.  You can create a queue and add all your favorite songs, but you can’t save the list you create.  Hmmm, interesting design choice.  Just cannot wrap my head around that.  SPEECHLESS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

So they released the new app to sell there new headphones.  Knowing how much they’d upset their customers. Favoring $$ sales over customer satisfaction.  Hmmm, another interesting choice to wrap my head around.  I certainly will not be purchasing any Sonos headphones or new products for quite some time.  And I’ve spent a good penny on several Sonos products.  They already have my money and don’t care about me.   But interestingly enough, I bet Sonos competitors will be seeing better sales spikes than Sonos in the next few months.