Skip to main content

I cannot connect to Sonos airplay service even though its there in the airplay menu. 
I am using 2 iphone and 1 ipad (all iOS 14.2), 2 macbook pro (both macOS Catalina), all of them are unable to connect.
I tried doing factory reset on both sonos one, reset the router (Xiaomi wireless router 4A). 

My confirmation number is: 1021936513.

Both Sonos one version are 12.2.1 (build 61183170)
Any advices?
Thanks.

Hi @ricksan.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post especially your effort in submitting the diagnostic is much appreciated.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, for some reason, there are no registered players found.

I see that there are multiple households/systems created on your account, that is when a factory reset was made on the speakers.

You can try to forget the system from the Sonos app if your mobile device or computer has connected to multiple systems. This is most commonly done in order to connect your device to a different Sonos system.

iOS or Android

1. From the Settings tab, tap System > Forget Current Sonos System.
  2. Close and reopen the Sonos app.

Mac or PC

1. Click the Help menu.
  2. Select Forget Current Sonos System.

NOTE: These options will not be available if your device has only ever connected to one system. If so, you can still forget the system by following our guide on resetting the Sonos app, then connect to an existing system on the same network.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi @ricksan, were you able to solve your issue please? I’m struggling with a very similar issue. The sonos one (gen 2) is a new device that although visible in all airplay (all devices, 2 iphones, 2 macbook pros), still shows “unable to connect” after attempt.

Hi @isaacsant,

Thanks for reaching out, let me see what I can do to help you.

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.