Answered

After 15.8.1 upgrade, all music services disappeared.

• 21 September 2023
  • 69 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just updated the software to 15.8.1 as it requires update to my Sonos Roam and then after the update, all music services disappeared and even my NAS musics are unplayable.

Moderator note: We updated this article in October 2023 with new information below.

This behavior was due to a Sonos cloud outage at that time that is now resolved. Therefore we closed this topic.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 21 September 2023, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Same, no Spotify, no radio, no Storytel. Reset didnt help. 

Same, no Spotify, no radio, no Storytel. Reset didnt help. 

Did you actually read the pinned best answer?

Yes same issue here. These sort of 'glitches' seem fairly regular and immensely frustrating. To be honest if I hadn't invested so much in the speakers over the years I would throw the lot in the bin. I accept software goes wrong but the user interface is just appalling and when there's a problem it just sits there. Ooh uninstall reinstall and all that faff all seems a bit like me, the paying punter, having to do all the work. Really, really not happy. 

Mine eventually worked after restarting all devices and deleting and re installing the app.

I solved it in my system by turning on the Roam and updating its software. Once Roam was updated all the services appeared

Same issues here.

Logged out and in again with no effect.

Checked for updates in app - none found.

Finally powered cycled one Sonos device - this solved the problem.

Re checking for updates did the trick for me.

No updates found, but the music services reappeared and are working

Same here. Not only did I lose my music services, but also all the favorites I had saved in the Sonos account.

Even more… The trouble started yesterday when I could not airplay to my Arc and it kept requesting a password to do that. After searching the web, the only possible option I found was to reset my Arc, which also required resetting my sub, and my left and right speakers. After doing all of that, and adding them anll again, I now discover that I do not have my services or my favorites. What a fiasco! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is unfortunate indeed.  And, since lots of people seem to have at least your problem with loosing all music services, I do think Sonos could have reacted better by posting help on the status page and front page of this community or even having a pop up in the app. This would have spared al lot of people the disappointment of being surprised by their system not behaving like it should. And regular readers of this forum having to wade through a lot of posts and new threads about this (seemingly) easy to solve problem.

Having said that, did you read the best answer?

I did, and I tried everything that is suggested to no avail. I was able to re-add one music service, but I would have to re-add all of them. And I have no solution for my favorites and Sonos playlists that I had created in the Sonos app over the years. This is actually the bigger problem I have. 

I did, and I tried everything that is suggested to no avail. I was able to re-add one music service, but I would have to re-add all of them. And I have no solution for my favorites and Sonos playlists that I had created in the Sonos app over the years. This is actually the bigger problem I have. 

Unfortunately you followed bad advice in factory resetting. As was to be expected it erased everything.

There is no way to recover playlists/favourites/etc unless you happen to have a unit, which was part of the original system, that hasn’t been reset.

Unfortunately you followed bad advice in factory resetting. As was to be expected it erased everything.

There is no way to recover playlists/favourites/etc unless you happen to have a unit, which was part of the original system, that hasn’t been reset.

I actually do. I have a speaker that disappeared from the app and I haven’t had time to do anything with it yet. What do I do now?

Also, that advice, I believe, came from Sonos on these forums. When trying to use airplay suddenly requires a password, I found no other advice but to reset the device. My only device that supports airplay is the arc, so I reset it along with the connected surround components. but I do have a Play 3 that is currently just sitting there and used to work before the issues started. 

I actually do. I have a speaker that disappeared from the app and I haven’t had time to do anything with it yet. What do I do now?

I do have a Play 3 that is currently just sitting there and used to work before the issues started. 

There may be some hope. Proceed as follows:

• Power off the Arc, sub and surrounds entirely.
  • Power on just the Play:3.
  • Start the Sonos app.
  • Go to Settings/App Preferences and hit ‘Reset App’.
  • Restart the app and tell it to connect to an existing system. It should find the Play:3 and hopefully your playlists etc.

Now, carefully:

• Make sure the Play:3 is still visible in the app.
  • Factory reset the Arc, sub and surrounds again (NOT the Play:3 !!).
  • Add each of the Arc, sub and speakers in turn, and re-assemble your home theatre setup.

I do have a Play 3 that is currently just sitting there and used to work before the issues started. 

There may be some hope. Proceed as follows:

• Power off the Arc, sub and surrounds entirely.
  • Power on just the Play:3.
  • Start the Sonos app.
  • Go to Settings/App Preferences and hit ‘Reset App’.
  • Restart the app and tell it to connect to an existing system. It should find the Play:3 and hopefully your playlists etc.

Now, carefully:

• Make sure the Play:3 is still visible in the app.
  • Factory reset the Arc, sub and surrounds again (NOT the Play:3 !!).
  • Add each of the Arc, sub and speakers in turn, and re-assemble your home theatre setup.

Thanks a lot. I will try this sometime this weekend and report back. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have serious concerns about the Sonos app development and any meaningful QA.

In my case, I had my Sonos speakers in storage while I traveled.  I returned and now I can no longer Tune In to my own streaming URLs, but it has an “Add Radio Station”.   It seems I’m being pushed to accept pre-defined Sonos Radio services that I do not want.

These are my speakers, why can’t I use them reasonably in the manner I wish to, like listening to my preferred streaming URLs?

Where I work, these bugs would never make it out the door (or you’d get fired for it). 

Who are the product managers for this? 

So, after some real digging, it seems that Tune In (which was present by default) has to be added (I’m using a Mac).  That would be :

Manage > Music Library > Services

then use the [+] sign to add a service, find TuneIn in the list, add it and you’re set to go as before.

But shouldn’t the ability to stream URLs be inherent in the application itself?  It’s such a standard feature that I cannot even recall any other app I use that requires a plugin to stream URLs.

I have serious concerns about the Sonos app development and any meaningful QA.

In my case, I had my Sonos speakers in storage while I traveled.  I returned and now I can no longer Tune In to my own streaming URLs, but it has an “Add Radio Station”.   It seems I’m being pushed to accept pre-defined Sonos Radio services that I do not want.

These are my speakers, why can’t I use them reasonably in the manner I wish to, like listening to my preferred streaming URLs?

Where I work, these bugs would never make it out the door (or you’d get fired for it). 

Who are the product managers for this? 

Only the ‘old’ version of TuneIn has the ‘My Radio Stations’ container for manually added URLs. (It’s nothing to do with TuneIn at all, but it must originally have been a convenient place to park the menu.)

It continues to work, and I use it every day. I just added http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-320 as a test, and that played fine.

I lose “connection to iheart” every 24 hours like clock work for the last 8 days in a row. I can play Amazon music but iheart is gone for a good hour before I can replay it?? Ugh this is so frustrating. Any help greatly appreciated. My internet provider says there is nothing they can do at this point as it’s not their service causing  the issue 

I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. I can’t think of any reason why, every 24 hours, you’d lose connection. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

* this is frustrating

How * hard is it? (not rhetorical)

Love that the controller stops working unless you update

Lost connection to YouTube Music

Let me skip 5 tracks down because that one (for some reason) works

Song not encoded correctly

*, Daddy Sonos!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*