Question

XR15v2 Xfinity remote MUTE not working correctly with Playbar

Hello new to the forum.  I have a Samsung TV Xfinity X1 system and the new XR15v2 remote.

If I press MUTE the play bar mutes but does not stay muted.  If I hold the MUTE button down it will MUTE but only because an accessibility dialog box pulls up?  Comcast had not advice.

The App Mute feature works fine so not a play problem unless the commands are wrong for the xfinity remote?

Steven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @stevenvjames,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue.  

Is it only the Mute button that isn’t working or are you not able to adjust the volume with the new remote either?

When you got the new remote, did you go through the steps to program the new remote to your Playbar?

If you have programmed your Playbar to recognize the new remote but are still having issues, you may need to take additional steps to remove the pop-up message on your TV.

If the Mute button continues to not work, please go back through these steps and then submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app.

Please include the confirmation number in your reply so that we can look up the communication data from your Playbar to see if it’s seeing the IR commands from the remote properly. 

I’m having the exact same issue. How did you resolve?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @goyette, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. Let help you with this.

Have you performed the steps provided in this thread?

Can you please provide additional information about your concern for us to assist you? 

If you're experiencing the same,  please submit a diagnostic report to further check on this. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.