Answered

System not showing in Spotify Devices

• 1 February 2020
  • 20 replies

Badge +2

My Spotify app doesn’t allow me to connect to my Sonos system. 
All I get is the “Connect to a device” screen.
My Spotify account is connected to Sonos. 
My system is connected to the same WiFi as my phone.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Alex.L 1 February 2020, 00:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Whats your network setup like? Is this from multiple devices too?

Badge +2

No iOS devices can find Sonos from the Spotify app. 

Can you use Spotify through the Sonos app on those devices? I'm not saying you should do so, just to help troubleshoot. 

Badge +2

Can you use Spotify through the Sonos app on those devices? I'm not saying you should do so, just to help troubleshoot. 

Yeah, if I go into Sonos and search Spotify comes up and plays no problem. 

That tells me plenty of things it's not! Which is useful. Have you tried just power cycling Sonos devices and phone?

Badge +2

That tells me plenty of things it's not! Which is useful. Have you tried just power cycling Sonos devices and phone?

Yeah, the whole system has been on and off and the phones also. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Whats your router? Got any extenders?

Badge +2

Whats your router? Got any extenders?

No extenders. The router is a service provider supplied one. No particular brand. I’ve had it for a few years and it has worked previously 

It's hard to think of a reason why Spotify couldn't play that wouldn't also affect Spotify on Sonos. I assume you can play Spotify on the phone?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app? Could a router firewall be blocking Spotify?

Badge +2

It's hard to think of a reason why Spotify couldn't play that wouldn't also affect Spotify on Sonos. I assume you can play Spotify on the phone?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app? Could a router firewall be blocking Spotify?

I’ll try reinstalling the app but like I said, it’s happening on more than 1 handset. I certainly haven’t added any exclusions to the router 

Badge +2

App reinstalled. No differe

I’m running into the same exact issue. For the first year I had the system, there was never a problem connecting to my sonos via spotify. Then one day it suddenly stopped working.

The Sonos app connects to my speakers without any issues, but my Play 1 and Soundbar cannot be found in the spotify app.

I’ve restarted the systems, my router, re-download the app and it’s been over 6 months with no solution

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Thanks, Bruce. I did that as well and unfortunately, the tech (on the phone) said everything looked normal and didn’t think anything was wrong since the Sonos app was able to connect/locate the speakers. I’m now in a bit of a pickle since I’m not sure if there are other methods I could try to fix this.

Unfortunately, I’m not a Spotify user, so I don’t have any personal experience from which to draw. Since the issue is coming from the Spotify app, and not the Sonos app, I’d try a few more things. First, I’d make sure the OS on your device is up to date. Then I would try deleting the Spotify app and rebooting the device before downloading a fresh copy to install. Finally, I’d be getting in touch with Spotify’s customer service, since the Sonos part seems to be fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

That’s odd, they should be able to help you figure out what’s causing the trouble. I hate to say it, but you might want to just call in again and talk to someone else. I’ll look into seeing about what might have happened on our end of things. This type of issue can come up with some network settings and devices, so that’s usually where we’d start with troubleshooting. Rebooting router is a good basic step, and then it gets more complicated as we have to check settings.

I appreciate everyone’s input. I will take another run at it this weekend.

Some ideas in this thread

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-devices-on-spotify-connect-not-appearing-on-iphone-ios-6828866

And if none of the suggestions in the link I posted helps, here are a couple more from left-field:

1. Disable Airplay on your device
  2. Do you have any non-Sonos Airplay-enabled devices?  Power them off and see if any difference.

Disclaimer: I’m not optimistic about these suggestions and can offer no logical justification.  But how desperate are you?  And they aren’t noticeably weirder than some of the things that have worked for some users on the linked thread.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have somewhat the same issue :(

Spotify app on Android and iOS works fine and lists all Sonos speakers.
Spotify app on Windows laptop sometimes list Sonos speakers but usually not.

Sonos app works fine on all devices and always lists all Sonos speakers.

Everyting is on the same network.