Answered

Sonos devices on Spotify Connect not appearing on iPhone iOS

• 17 August 2019
  • 23 replies

I am having an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone (only) where my Sonos devices are not appearing. Spotify Connect is there for my MacBook (when open) but none of the Sonos devices through Spotify Connect are appearing.

All of the Sonos devices are appearing as expected on my MacBook, iPad and my wife’s iPhone, not I’m not sure why they’re not appearing on my iPhone. I can connect to those devices through my Sonos app. I have tried restarting the device, deleting/reinstalling both apps and restarting my router and Sonos devices and none have resolved the issue. A reinstall of the Spotify app temporarily resolves the issue but keeps reverting.

I have attached screenshots from my 3 devices to show what’s appearing and details of the devices are listed below:

Plan: Premium

Devices:
  • iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947, Sonos v 10.3.2
  • iPad Mini 4, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Spotify 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f
iPhone screenshot:

iPad screenshot:

MacBook screenshot:

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 7 October 2019, 23:57

Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on this one. They should have a version of the Spotify app out when it's resolved that will fix the issue. Another way to fix it is to go into iOS Settings > scroll to Spotify app, tap it and enable “mobile/cellular data ”. If this doesn’t work toggling airplane mode on and off may also work.
View original

23 replies

Hello, I am having same issue. In the Spotify app to iPhone are not appearing my Sonos devices. But in the Spotify app to iPad are appear my Sonos devices.

Spotify: v 8.5.18.851, Premium
iPhone: iPhone 8, iOS 12.4
Sonos: Playbar, v 3.10.2
Similar issue with not all Sonos speakers showing up in the Spotify app under available speakers using Spotify Connect when using the iPhone app. However this is a non issue with the iPad app. Both devices are connected to the same home network (only one) where all my Sonos speakers are connected.
Thanks for all of the updates, good to see I'm not the only one with the issue.

Any chances Sonos or Spotify look at these threads to pick up on clear bugs with their app?

I have a similar thread on the Spotify Community and others reporting the same issue.
Same problem here. Both iphone & ipad mini are running iOS 12.4.1, everything is on the same network, but I can only see and add Sonos speakers using the app on the ipad. Deleting and reinstalling both apps on my phone didn't fix the problem.
Maybe submit a diagnostic from both machines, and contact Sonos support?
Same problem
same here: ipad is fine but iphonex wont find Sonos... only sees it once connetion made via ipad

very frustrating
My previous suggestion stands.
This also seems to be impacting the Sonos Apple Watch client. I've reported this to @SpotifyCares via DM support request.
To my knowledge, Sonos doesn’t make an Apple Watch client. Has this changed?
I have the same issue on my IPhone X. I have IOS 13.1.2 now but had the same issue on iOS 12.4.1.

Maybe it’s an issue specifically with the iPhone X?

My wife has an iPhone XR, iOS 13.1.2 also, and she sees all our sonos speakers in her spotify app. We also have 2 IPads and those see the sonos speakers in the spotify app as well.

Only my iPhone X does not work. We are all on the same WiFi network. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app and logging out and back in on it and that did not solve the issue.

I’ll reach out to Sonos support.
I had the same issue - Sonos speakers not showing up in the Spotify app. Am also running the latest version of Spotify. I just loaded the IOS 13.2 beta and Spotify now displaying my Sonos speakers again.
Ditto. One fix I found was to switch from my 5gz to the 2.4gz network. That made the speakers reappear. Looking through all the threads, I’d say it’s a Spotify app issue rather than a sonos problem.
Well, Sonos products only connect to your wifi on a 2.4Ghz signal, not a 5Ghz channel.
Badge
WOW! So check this post out below... Having the same issue, I turned off my Apple Watch off and all my SONOS speakers came back online in Spotify on iOS.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-watch-causing-sonos-to-disappear-from-spotify-connect-6830749
Badge
WOW! So check this post out below... Having the same issue, I turned off my Apple Watch off and all my SONOS speakers came back online in Spotify on iOS.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-watch-causing-sonos-to-disappear-from-spotify-connect-6830749

so like clock work, I turned on the Apple Watch (Series 3, Watch OS 6.0.1) and most of the SONOS speakers disappeared. Turned the Apple Watch off and they all came back. SO ODD...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on this one. They should have a version of the Spotify app out when it's resolved that will fix the issue. Another way to fix it is to go into iOS Settings > scroll to Spotify app, tap it and enable “mobile/cellular data ”. If this doesn’t work toggling airplane mode on and off may also work.

Spot on! This "fixes" the problem. As soon as I turn my Apple Watch off... the Sonos speakers appear. As soon as I turn the watch on... they disappear.
Turning off Bluetooth on the phone resolves the issue also and is a quick workaround. Once it connects to the speaker you want to use you can turn Bluetooth back on.
I’ve had the same issue where my Sonos speakers do not show up in Spotify Connect. I went to IOS settings -Spotify - mobile/cellular data. Unchecked the box, loaded Spotify and all of my devices appeared. Re-enabled the mobile data and all seems to be working correctly. Such an easy fix after weeks of not functioning.

Amazing! Simply toggling Settings > Spotify > Mobile Data worked. Toggle off, open Spotify, the n toggle back on.

Any updates on this from Sonos or, indirectly, Spotify?

I’ve tried toggling off/on mobile data, airplane mode, bluetooth, my AppleWatch and every combination in between with copious force-quit-and-relaunches of the Spotify iOS app and I still can only get my Spotify iOS app to intermittently see any of my Sonos speakers. The Sonos app on the same phone sees them and can stream Spotify to the the speakers without issue. My laptop and iPad and wife’s phone and wife’s iPad all have Spotify clients that can see the speakers and stream to them from the iOS app, it’s only my iPhone XS that fails to find them.

It’s extremely frustrating.

Same problem and same experience as Denali above. Very frustrating!

Can I take for granted that Spotify and Sonos have a friendly relationship and that they would tell each other if/when they have fixed the issue and that Sonos would relay this to the community?