Skip to main content
Question

Move does not connect via WiFi or BT

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Tried to travel with my Move (that's the idea of this product, right? ) But the Bluetooth stopped connecting to my Mac (worked fine at home), and I spent over an hour on the phone with SONOS tech people to reset my Move. BUT..to reset, you have to connect via cell phone with the local network, and reinstall. Everything goes great until it repeatedly reports that Sonos can't connect with the network...even though every other device we have connects just fine with the network (2 Macs, 3 phones, 2 iPads). And...notwithstanding statements on support site, the Bluetooth will not work. I find it amazing  that a product that is supposed to be a quality traveling speaker turns into useless dead weight in my bag.
BTW, I've tried all of the troubleshooting at least twice on two different networks. I read that there is an update to download, but how can I do that if it won't connect to the network?
I'd appreciate someone from Sonos reaching out to me. But please do not tell me to try any of the trouble shooting advice on your site. I've done it all, multiple times.
Sorry for the negative tone, but in addition to to the long support call that essentially ended with “gee, maybe call someone else here who can help”, I sent support an email request and have heard nothing.

Extremely disappointed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @HPM,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that you can no longer connect to your Sonos Move after the factory reset. We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. Let me help you with this

The Sonos Move is a portable speaker that you can bring around your home and it's also a Bluetooth speaker. In Bluetooth mode, the Sonos Move can be paired to one device at a time. You need to unpair the other mobile device for the other to connect.

Since it was factory reset, all the information and data on your Sonos Move has been removed and you need to set it up first to a WiFi network by creating a new Sonos system. Once set up has been completed and connected to WiFi, you can switch your Move over to Bluetooth mode and pair it with your Mac.

• Set up a new Sonos system with Move
    1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    2. Tap Set up a new system, then create or sign in to your Sonos account.
    3. Tap Add on the popup showing your Sonos product. If using the Sonos S1 app, tap Continue > Set up products.
    4. Follow the steps in the app to set up your Move and add your music and voice services.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.