Answered

Connecting Sonos Port with Marantz SR5010 Receiver

• 2 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello - I recently purchased a Sonos Port, hoping I could connect it to my Marantz SR5010 AVR and expand my overall speaker/sound setup.

The receiver has these connections:

https://audio.com.pl/i/images/3/2/4/dz0xMjAwJmg9NjI4_src_39324-marantz_sr5010_fot6.jpg

Could someone please explain what the best way to hook this up would be? I’ve tried connecting the Port OUT L/R to the Audio IN L/R 1 line and assigning it in the settings to an input. I get no sound regardless of where I’ve connected so far.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 September 2022, 05:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Check out this article, especially the section about the Line Out Levels setting:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3106

I’m not quite sure which Audio In you are referring to.  Try connecting to the CD input, and make sure you select that as the source on your Marantz.

Also, make sure you set the Line-Out volume to Fixed.  Otherwise you get a dueling volume level that is often too low to hear.

Hey @GuitarSuperstar! Thanks very much, this actually worked like a charm. I changed to Fixed Line Out and it’s working great. Thanks for the answer!

Last question - I have a 5.1 speaker setup, and of course the Port only plays a stereo feed through the Front Left and Front Right speakers. I’ve used a couple of media players such as Kodi that can basically broadcast the stereo feed to all of the speakers hooked to the receiver. Is there a way to do this with Sonos’ software? I checked through the receiver settings and I don’t see a way for it to make this happen there.

Hey @GuitarSuperstar! Thanks very much, this actually worked like a charm. I changed to Fixed Line Out and it’s working great. Thanks for the answer!

Last question - I have a 5.1 speaker setup, and of course the Port only plays a stereo feed through the Front Left and Front Right speakers. I’ve used a couple of media players such as Kodi that can basically broadcast the stereo feed to all of the speakers hooked to the receiver. Is there a way to do this with Sonos’ software? I checked through the receiver settings and I don’t see a way for it to make this happen there.

That would be a function of the Marantz.  Try pressing the Music button on the remote to change the sound mode.  You want a mode like “5.1 stereo”.

You are right! The music button allowed me to select Multi-channel stereo and it’s working perfectly!

Thanks very much for the help!