Answered

Roam not showing up in Alexa App's list of Alexa-enabled Devices

• 11 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello everyone,

TL;DR

Cannot set the Roam as the Alexa-enabled device for any room in the Alexa app (unlike all other mic-enabled Sonos products)

Details

Just got the Roam today. I set it up, enabled Alexa on it and I added the Roam to a room within the Alexa app. I can properly play music on the Roam and it responds to Alexa just fine.

I am having an issue however.

Normally in the Alexa app (I'm using Android), for any room, you can set which device is the 'Alexa-enabled device' so that when you say 'Alexa, turn on lights' it only turns on lights for that room. I have 6 other rooms set up this way through-out the house using a variety of Sonos speakers (one uses a Beam, another an Arc, another a Move, the rest using Ones).

For some reason I cannot do this with the Roam. It doesn't show up in the list of Alexa-enable devices.

In case of an oddity I actually removed Alexa from all my Sonos speakers, disabled the skill in the Alexa app and deregistered all Sonos devices from Amazon and then added them all back (in a different order). Same issue . . . the Roam is the only mic-enabled Sonos that cannot be used as the Alexa-enabled device for a room because it doesn't show in the list.

Anyone else experiencing this? Even better, anyone have a solve?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Talvish 11 May 2021, 09:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Missed this thread …

Can Roam act as Alexa enabled device in Alexa App? | Sonos Community