Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

2835 Topics

Sync Sonos speakers and Alexa

I have successfully hooked up Sonos and Alexa - I can control the speakers via Alexa. Awesome. Now, how can I sync them so the same song plays from Sonos and Alexa? Possible?

alexa

other devices

Alexa and voice control excuse to be forced into paying for renting music?

It seems to me the wholealexa integration has been deliberately compromised to ensure the full feature set works only with streaming services and not with any purchased or owned media storage. What is...

Sonos Play 1 as default Amazon Echo speaker?
Answered

I would like my Sonos Play 1 to be the default speaker for my Amazon Echo but so far, yesterday's update only allows me to play music on the Sonos through voice commands. Have I missed a setting or is...

Sonos Line in to amp

I have sonos set up and a fixed input to my amp so the volume is controlled by the amp - can I turn up the amp volume with alexa.

How to disable the alexa feature?
Answered

I'm so underwhelmed by this implementation *no favourites, playlists, Spotify) that I want to disable the feature. So what's the easiest way to do this?

Issue enabling the sonos skill within Alexa app

Having some issue enabling the skill. It asks me to link accounts... So I do. Log into sonos, then I log into Amazon and when it asks to link them I hit continue. Then nothing. No success or fail...

How to get Alexa

So, I have Sonos pretty much all over my house, how do I get Alexa? I assume this isn't going to be an upgrade to my current hardware that I have significant investment in. I haven't really used Al...

Echo and Sonos
Answered

Is it possible to play the same song simultaneously on the echo speaker and my Sonos speaker? Essentially using the echo as another “Sonos” speaker in the group?

Alexa for Asia Market

Hi, I'm been waiting for this features for the pass year. And I've see 3rd party websites selling Echo dot in singapore. But with the launch of this service from SONOS, I've too notice is only support...

Sonos Play 1 Software Update to include Alexa?
Answered

I've been waiting for a long time for the Alexa enabled Sonos. What I didn't know was going to happen isnthat I would have to buy all new Sonos Ones to get that feature. What I have loved about Sono...

Sleep timer
Answered

Is there a way to set a sleep timer for Sonos through the echo itself?

Clashing names
Answered

What can I do with clashing names for Alexa devices and Sonos devices ? For example I have an Alexa dot called kitchen and a sonos device called kitchen. When I ask alexa to play it defaults to music...

How do you use Alexa devices separately after Sonos-Alexa setup?

I haven't put the update through yet, but I have two questions before I do. It looks like once the update is done, Sonos becomes the default to respond to an Alexa command. Sometimes I might prefer...

Sonos/Alexa integration
Answered

Any news? Will Alexa work with my current SONOS speakers?

What's the alexa command to play a Favourite?
Answered

Can't find the command to play a favourite ...

Using premium services on both Echo and Sonos?
Answered

I use Spotify Premium on both the Echo and on Sonos, and on my phone. Currently I can only stream Spotify to one device at a time, and if use another device it will ask if I want to switch streaming...

Participation in Sonos Echo Pilot

Several months ago, I signed up for Beta program, indicating that I am an Echo user and would happily Beta test the integration. Since then, crickets. I understand the Beta is in progress, but I haven...

Alexa SONOS and HUE (in Germany)
Answered

Hi SONOS-Team, currently having problems with Alexa/SONOS in combination with Philips HUE. Both Systems use same commands in Germany ("Alexa, lower volume in living room" => "Alexa, Wohnzimmer leis...

Alexa With Sonos
Answered

When will Sonos integrate with Alexa? I see all of this information about the Sonos One, which sounds really cool, but from my reading if you already have an Echo or Echo Dot, you will be able to use...

Alexa voice feedback via Sonos Play:3
Answered

Hi all, I have 2 Sonos Play:3 devices in my house and one Echo Dot. I would like to see that the voice interaction that I have with Alexa is fed back via the Sonos Play speaker(s). Is this something...

Getting back to Sonos Queue after playing from alexa
Answered

I've noticed when playing Alexa content through Sonos that I can press "exit alexa" on the sonos app but how can I get back to the music queue using voice commands? It would also be helpful if in the...

Is the interface only one way?
Answered

From all the features that we're hearing about, it seems that the Sonos/Alexa integration is only one way. Alexa can talk to Sonos (through the Sonos cloud), but the Sonos cloud cannot talk to Alexa...

microphone with all ceiling speakers?

Now that sonos is playing so nicely with virtual assistants, it seems like there's some scenario where all the sonos speakers I'm putting around the house could also just include a microphone that can...

Alexa and sonosnet
Answered

Hi. I use Sonosnet throughout my big old house to provide WiFi to all my android devices. It's brilliant and is fast and solid as a rock. I bought an Alexa echo dot. It's sat next to my kitchen play...

Badges

• Badge
    ninjaguy earned the badge Carving it out II
  • Badge
    jishi earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    stuartw78 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ckeen earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Lahovary earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings