Question

Alexa not playing music today

• 25 December 2017
  • 29 replies

Badge +1
Am I the only one (I'm in the UK) who's having big problems with Alexa today?

It was fine yesterday but today it won't play anything, works fine through sonos app.

I try spotify it says not supported, I try amazon and it says I don't know what went wrong, tune in doesn't respond.

Other commands like good morning or what time is it work but Alexa is slow to respond.

Is Alexa overloaded for Christmas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I think it may be because I am linked to an Alexa with a Spotify account (Family one) and need to add an additional user on Amazon household....what a carry on
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The Spotify Family account should be fine, you just add one of the users to both Sonos and Alexa. The Family accounts should be premium accounts. But you can check your account status with Spotify.

If you go into your Spotify App, can you find and play to your Sonos devices? If so, the account added to that device is the right one to use.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
There was an Alexa playback outage with Spotify yesterday, which has long since been resolved. Sorry for the trouble but you should now be back up.And what was the problem with Amazon Music and TuneIn at the same time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There was an Alexa playback outage with Spotify yesterday, which has long since been resolved. Sorry for the trouble but you should now be back up.And what was the problem with Amazon Music and TuneIn at the same time?
Not at the same time, but earlier in the day there was an Alexa outage for implicit commands (meaning play commands wouldn't work unless you used the name of the room). That was resolved about 6:00 AM PST yesterday, lasting for about an hour and a half total.