Answered

Can't sign into Sonos using my Amazon Account

• 4 October 2017
  • 22 replies

Am trying to add the Sonos skill to the Amazon Alexa App on my iPhone but when I link the account and get the @Sign into Sonos using your Amazon Account" screen it is not recognising my Amazon password (which I know is correct). Also getting the same behaviour on my iMac using the Amazon Alexa App online. Have tried to reset my Amazon account password but still not working. Anyone any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 October 2017, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Am trying to add the Sonos skill to the Amazon Alexa App on my iPhone but when I link the account and get the @Sign into Sonos using your Amazon Account" screen it is not recognising my Amazon password (which I know is correct). Also getting the same behaviour on my iMac using the Amazon Alexa App online. Have tried to reset my Amazon account password but still not working. Anyone any ideas?Hello there, rustyjambo:

Thanks for the heads up. Just to understand, when linking your Sonos account to the Amazon Alexa app, the Amazon Alexa app will say that the password is incorrect. Are you signing in with your Sonos account or with your Amazon account?

Thanks again for clarifying.
The Amazon Alexa app asks me to sign in with my Amazon account to link to Sonos. That appears to be the final step to link the two. Error message keeps saying password is incorrect.
I now can’t sign into the ios Amazon Alexa App - “Your password is incorrect” error shown.
I have exactly the same problem. I have even tried resetting my Amazon password a few times. I also rang Amazon support but they seem clueless on how to solve it.
Also having the same problem reset passwords twice but still not working in uk maybe something to do with amazon.com servers and having a amazon.co.uk account
I have this problem too. Won’t accept my Amazon password - although I can log into amazon.com and .uk fine with this password within a browser
I'm in the Alexa App and Sonos won't come up as a skill. Any way to resolve this? Everything is updated.
I think the issue is that it is trying to log me into amazon.com rather than amazon.co.uk......
My Sonos username/password is not accepted by the Alexa app.
Same issue for me - I know that my Amazon password is correct!
Badge
It didn't work for me but others have said that using a browser and logging on to amazon.co.uk then adding the Sonos skill from there did the trick.

What solved my issue was adding the Alexa app on another device, connecting to the Echo dot and adding the Sonos skill from this other device.
Hi there everybody.

First off, thank you for your patience on this. It seems there were some problems with latency between our service and Amazon Alexa. This should have been resolved, so please feel free to reply should you still have problems logging in.
It didn't work for me but others have said that using a browser and logging on to amazon.co.uk then adding the Sonos skill from there did the trick.

What solved my issue was adding the Alexa app on another device, connecting to the Echo dot and adding the Sonos skill from this other device.

Adding the Sonos skill via amazon.co.uk in Chrome on my Mac worked!! Thanks acm!
I’ve had a similar problem signing-in to Amazon Music from my iPad which I eventually resolved.

1. I have two amazon accounts. One is amazon.com (where I have no Amazon Music) and the other is amazon.co.uk (where I DO have Amazon Music).
2. I have these two sign-ins autosaved in my iPad.
3. I couldn’t successfully connect my Sonos to Amazon Music.
4. I (temporarily) deleted my Amazon.com sign-in from my saved sign-ins.
5. I successfully connected my Sonos to my Amazon Music.

Suggested Fix - Sonos needs to ask which Amazon sign-in to use when there are multiples.

I hope this helps someone else.
Hi there everybody.

First off, thank you for your patience on this. It seems there were some problems with latency between our service and Amazon Alexa. This should have been resolved, so please feel free to reply should you still have problems logging in.

Similar issue here, unable to link my amazon account: "There was a problem with your password"
Hi there, hhugo. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Have you tried any of the fixes other users posted in the thread? What happens? Are you able to log into the Amazon Alexa app and see your skills? Do you have multiple accounts?
I have a single account, the sonos skill is enabled on the amazon alexa website. On the sonos app (android), when I try set up Alex, I get the amazon login page and get "There was a problem with your password"
Understood. And just to verify you are able to log into Amazon's website without issue correct? If you are able to log into Amazon, I would recommend removing and re-enabling the Sonos skill. If you are still having problems, I would then give our technicians a call as they can help work out any problems in real time on the phone. Our contact information can be found here.
This is frustrating, I have spent 4 hours trying to connect my amazon account to my Sonos. Each time it tells me I have the wrong Amazon password which I know if correct. Any suggestions???
Is there any solutions to this password problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Is there any solutions to this password problem?

This is normally because you have a .co.uk account and the app is trying to log in to a .com account or some other variation. Can you check in the Alexa App>Settings is your Sonos One listed? If so set the Device Location and retry the password.
I called in and got great support help, my issue was I needed to sign out of my Amazon app on my phone and try the set up again. It worked... Thank you!