Question

Surround sound caution.!!!!!!!!

• 2 December 2017
  • 5 replies

You can not use a play 1 with alexa and play1 with out alexa ......

Sonos need to update there software and quick.....

So it means you have to use two sonos with alexa for ur surround sound.... so ur talking to two alexa devices in the same room...
And they could have kept the colour the same so the speakers dont look odd when you use them together as surround sound...!!!!!!!

UPDATE THE SOFTWARE QUICK

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Lots of comments about this and Sonos are looking in to pairing a Sonos One with a Play:1 but no commitment yet.
The Sonos One is not a Play:1 with Alexa. It is a different speaker with different components, despite similar outward appearance
I only needed one more play 1 to complete my collection
So i brought the one with alexa so i could use alexa in the front room as a surround sound ... only need one alexa in each room....
Otherwise i could have just got a play one and a separate alexa dot ....?
So sonos sort it out..... same price as the one alexa ?
They should all be able to be used as surround sound.
Bad-Play Sonos on the subject of not being able to pair a Sonos One with a Play:1.
My wife and I treated ourselves to a Sonos One for Christmas with the primary intention of creating a stero pair with our existing Play:1.
Having the Amazon assistant was a secondary feature.
After unsuccessfully trying to pair them I found out on the internet forums, to my dismay that it couldn’t be done.
The Sonos One was returned for a refund this morning.
Own goal Sonos! 😠