Question

Alexa playing music in just one room

• 29 December 2017
  • 3 replies

How do I get Alexa to play music in just ONE ROOM? I ask her to play in the kitchen and all speakers play the music. Is it an option to ask Alexa to play in just one room or do I have to then go into the Sonos app and make new groups AFTER asking Alexa to play music? It's very frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

At this time, grouping and ungrouping is not supported in the Sonos/Alexa integration. If grouped in the Sonos app, asking Alexa to play to any one room in a group will play to all room in the group. To play to a single room, ungroup that room in the Sonos app, then tell Alexa to play in that room.
Ok, that's what I figured out. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. Will that change in the future? Seems logical that you should be able to control each speaker that way.
Sonos has stated that they are working on grouping and other functions for the future. No timeline given.