Answered

How to link spotify account to alexa?

• 22 December 2017
  • 19 replies

Badge +1
Hi,
It seams that to use spotify with alexa I have to link my account to alexa.
It really, for me, not clear how to do this.

I goes to my alexa account, settings-> music & Media and I can't add any service. When I select "Chose default music service", I can see Spotify, but I'm not able to select them.

regards
Stefano
icon

Best answer by stek 5 January 2018, 10:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Hi, I've managed to add Spotify as the default service but when I ask Alexa to connect to Spotify, she say "Sorry, something went wrong". Can someone clarify how to get Alexa working with Spotify (which I understand went live yesterday).
Badge +1
How do you link the account?
Just exactly as you did:- Settings, Music & Media, Choose Default but I was able to select Spotify. Sorry this hasn't helped you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Not sure how far you have got with the set-up or which country you are located in? Can you answer a few questions?

1/ Have you added Spotify as a music source within the Sonos App>Settings>Services?
2/ Have you Enabled the Sonos skill within your Alexa account and completed the linking of your Amazon and Sonos Accounts?
3/ Have you in the Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Accounts>Spotify and completed the linking of the same Spotify account as in step 1?
4/ Is Spotify now listed in the available list of Music Services?
Badge +1
Hi,
I'm using successfully using Spotify on SONOS, I enabled the "connect control for Spotify" skill.
What is missing? what I have to enable? Amazon? How?

regards
Stefano
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,
I'm using successfully using Spotify on SONOS, I enabled the "connect control for Spotify" skill.
What is missing? what I have to enable? Amazon? How?

regards
Stefano

Hi Stefano

If you want to have Voice Control of Spotify within Sonos then you need to Enable the Sonos skill within your Alexa app>Skills.
Badge +1
Many tnks, but I just checkt, the Sonos skill is enabled.

If I ask alexa to "play song on spotifa" shi tell me to link my premiun accout using the alexa app..

Is not because I'm not in UK and USA?

Tho use Alexa I setup my Alexa account to be in UK or US, but Spotify is not possible because is looking the credit card account!

Stefano
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You don't need to include Spotify in the command but your location will be the reason for your issue.
Badge +1
Merda!
Hi UK Media, thanks for your suggestion. In reply to your questions:-
1. Yes
2. Have done this now (Connect Control for Spotify)
3. Yes
4. Yes
Alexa now seems to be understanding "Connect Control for Spotify". However, when I say this, she says to "Open Spotify on the device you'd like to connect from, tap devices available and choose the Alexa device". Have done this, but then nothing happens.
ps - I'm in the UK
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi UK Media, thanks for your suggestion. In reply to your questions:-
1. Yes
2. Have done this now (Connect Control for Spotify)
3. Yes
4. Yes
Alexa now seems to be understanding "Connect Control for Spotify". However, when I say this, she says to "Open Spotify on the device you'd like to connect from, tap devices available and choose the Alexa device". Have done this, but then nothing happens.

Hi Balgreen

It is the Sonos skill that needs Enabling rather than the Spotify Connect Control, then if you select Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose Default Music Service and select Spotify

Then the command Syntax for a Playlist is 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill playlist (Add 'On Kitchen Sonos' - If command not from a Sonos One) or for a specific artist 'Alexa, Play Artist Name'

Note: You don't need to specify Spotify and in the example above Kitchen Sonos should be replaced with the name of your Sonos player as defined in the Sonos App.
Badge +1
Is not possible to choice Spotify!
Don't know why.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Is not possible to choice Spotify!
Don't know why.

If you select Alexa App>Music, Video & Books>Music>Spotify (Not on PC version) is your Spotify Account linked?
Badge +1
Is the same, but I had to download it manually because the playstore said I can't install it in my location!
However, it is incomprehensible, I can buy the product in my country, but I cannot use it!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
What country are you located in?
Badge +1
Switzerland
This guide to Alexa for Spotify users should help you and perhaps answer any other lingering questions: https://alexa.bio/guide/the-spotify-users-guide-to-alexa/
Badge +1
The solution is to set the amazon.co.uk account to UK

amazon -> your account --> digital content --> manage content and devices-->Settings ->then youll see settings and you need to change the country to UK

Then I user http://layla.amazon.co.uk instead of alexa.amazon.co.uk

See:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/link-error-with-Amazon-Echo/m-p/1456990

Now it works file
regards
Stefano