Question

Changing Sonos "wake word" (Sonos Arc with Sub 3)

• 8 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have many Amazon Echo devices (made by Amazon and by others) and I can change the wake word on all of them (I prefer Echo and really dislike Alexa in part because we have a young child with that name). When I ask any other device to change the wake word, they do it. When I ask Sonos, it says “you are unable to do that on this device.” SO FRUSTRATING.

I will probably install a Fire TV stick and avoid using Sonos for voice commands.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jjb2020.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your frustration with the situation and would like to help out.

Currently, changing the wake word of Amazon Alexa on Sonos is not yet a supported feature. However, Let me send this up to our engineering team as a feature request. I would suggest subscribing to this thread and our announcement topic for any feature releases, feature updates, and bug fixes.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

According to amazon the only way this will change is if everyone requests it via the help section in the alexa app

" We always try to improve our Customers experience, please submit your feedback about this in your Alexa app. Go to Settings, Help & Feedback, Provide Feedback and follow the on screen directions."