Cannot delete TUNEIN RADIO OFF MY SONOS SYSTEM

• 7 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I can't use Tunein with Alexa on my sonos, it is screwing up my requests to play BBC Radio 2, it appears to overide other radio services such as my Tuner Radio and Radio Player, it is showing as the default radio player on Alexa and I cannot delete it I assume that is because it is embedded in the sonos software. Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of Tunein on my sonos system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m afraid you can’t remove it from the Sonos setup, but you can remove it from Amazon Alexa in their App, under “Settings/Music” perhaps see if that helps.🤔

Thanks for your response but have tried that but there is no delete against Tunein

Thanks anyway

Even if you could delete TuneIn from the Sonos app it would not help at all. TuneIn on Sonos is just a URL lookup service, and Sonos fetches the stream direct from the station.

This problem is that Alexa uses TuneIn and the BBC has withdrawn its stations from TuneIn. 

There are some workarounds on here, one of which uses IFTTT. Do you  listen  to many different BBC stations in lots of rooms?  (IFTTT is best if not)

Have tried it and it was very intermittent. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have tried it and it was very intermittent. 

Thanks

Have you seen my post here: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/step-by-step-guide-to-play-bbc-radio-station-via-voice-control-6834993